Video: Installing Surround Sound Speakers

T

TDpro

Audiophyte
Braking National Electrical Code ( NEC )

As i watched the video i relosed that guy's braking Construction Codes. One of them, when you fishing cable thought any floor or ceiling u must fire stop any penetration that was made. :coolUsing approved firestop methods and materials, such as special caulk, putty, wrap strips or fire-barrier sheets, can reduce risks to structures and their occupants. Sealing or firestopping openings where cables penetrate fire-rated walls and floors is an important aspect of cable installation and maintenance. When fire erupts in a building, small openings in fire-rated walls, floors and ceilings for wires, pipes, ductwork and other building components become open channels for fire and toxic smoke, endangering both a structure and its occupants.

Telecommunication-Distribution LLC
Project Manager
Stan Prish

R

Runner

Audiophyte
Not as helpful as I had hoped

The artical sounds like it could be very helpful, but it refers you to a video. The link for the video doesn't work. Some maggot has attached a T-Mobile advertisment to the video hotspot and now the video doesn't work.
And I had to register for this???

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Runner!

The link for the video doesn't work.
Worked fine for me a minute ago. Are you just trying to watch the video on the first page of the article?

Some maggot has attached a T-Mobile advertisment to the video hotspot and now the video doesn't work.
I didn't see anything like that. I use Firefox with Adblock Plus.

And I had to register for this???
Well, you had to register to complain about it :D, but you don't need to register to see the articles or videos on the Audioholics site.

L

Links2

Audiophyte
speaker wire

Did I hear them correctly say they are using 12-2 wire? As in electrical wire used for wiring homes?

L

Links2

Audiophyte
Speaker wire

Did i hear them correctly say they were using 12-2 wire. Is that wiring used to wire a house? We actually use 14-2 up here, but just wondering if it is the same stuff?

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Did I hear them correctly say they are using 12-2 wire? As in electrical wire used for wiring homes?
14/4 is the way to go. I made the mistake of running 10/2 throughout my house which is very difficult to terminate and impossible to connect to VCs. 14/4 gives you 11AWG equivalent resistance which is close enough to 10AWG while still being manageable.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I installed some surrounds in my lounge room 2 weeks ago and running the cables in the ceiling was a hot affair.I would hate to be an electrician.Too darn hot up there for my taste.I hate it when you leave the drill back at the man hole and you have to crawl all the way back to get it. Man that pisses me off.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis