M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Stand by the counts...

GUILTY ON ALL 34 COUNTS
I saw that.

As much as I dislike the orange thing in question, charging him with 34 separate counts was a stretch. That's just my opinion, of course, it's not absolute truth.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I saw that.

As much as I dislike the orange thing in question, charging him with 34 separate counts was a stretch. That's just my opinion, of course, it's not absolute truth.
Understand, thanks.
Not sure what was inside the prosecutor's mind at the initial charging document. Perhaps it was the separate actions in time and not all at once happening with check writing. But I will leave that to the actors on scene, I have no idea how it works.
Thanks for all your legal inputs over time. Please don't stop.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

OK... So it's each instance of an "incident," invoice, ledger and payment.
Thank you.
Looks like it. If it was a single event, one total payment, one invoice and one whatever is left, only 3 felony charges.

And, if he just paid the amount without and ledger entry or tax write off, this would never have happened. No, might as well get a tax break of all this.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
So much winning! :rolleyes: :p

@Mr._Clark , is there a short version of why they brought 34 counts against him?
It's up to the prosecutor. I doubt that Bragg has commented on it publicly.

In my extremely limited experience with criminal law, in situations such as this the 34 checks/entries would typically be wrapped up into one or perhaps two counts because the individual acts all relate to the same scheme or transaction (i.e. does it really matter in terms of criminal culpability if someone makes one big payment or splits it into 10 smaller payments?).

I hate to go there (politics) but it does seem that Bragg charged 34 counts (at least in part) for public effect. I can't read Bragg's mind but the appearance is that he was worried about getting voted out of office if he didn't go after Trump full bore. In other words, the politics for Bragg are mostly local. I suspect Bragg concluded that a conviction was unlikely to have much negative effect on Trump the national election, but Bragg wanted to keep his job.

I'm not especially bothered by it though. Trump engaged in the conduct, and he took his chances. The prosecutor is not required to pull his punches.

It's probably a moot point because Trump is unlikely to be sentenced to prison:

>>>Six legal experts - including defense lawyers and former prosecutors - told Reuters it was rare for people without criminal histories - like Trump - who are charged solely with falsification of business records to be sentenced to prison time in New York, with punishments such as fines being more common.
But they said such a sentence would not be impossible, and cautioned that it was too early to predict what punishment Trump could face if convicted.<<<

Having said that, Trump's public attacks on the judicial system are dumb. Judges have a lot of discretion when it comes to sentencing, and Trump's obvious lack of contrition could influence the judge.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank god that stupid POS Trump has been found guilty. Now with that guilty verdict, will the Republicans toss that ahole out of the party?

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It's up to the prosecutor. I doubt that Bragg has commented on it publicly.

In my extremely limited experience with criminal law, in situations such as this the 34 checks/entries would typically be wrapped up into one or perhaps two counts because the individual acts all relate to the same scheme or transaction (i.e. does it really matter in terms of criminal culpability if someone makes one big payment or splits it into 10 smaller payments?).

I hate to go there (politics) but it does seem that Bragg charged 34 counts (at least in part) for public effect. I can't read Bragg's mind but the appearance is that he was worried about getting voted out of office if he didn't go after Trump full bore. In other words, the politics for Bragg are mostly local. I suspect Bragg concluded that a conviction was unlikely to have much negative effect on Trump the national election, but Bragg wanted to keep his job.

I'm not especially bothered by it though. Trump engaged in the conduct, and he took his chances. The prosecutor is not required to pull his punches.

It's probably a moot point because Trump is unlikely to be sentenced to prison:

>>>Six legal experts - including defense lawyers and former prosecutors - told Reuters it was rare for people without criminal histories - like Trump - who are charged solely with falsification of business records to be sentenced to prison time in New York, with punishments such as fines being more common.
But they said such a sentence would not be impossible, and cautioned that it was too early to predict what punishment Trump could face if convicted.<<<

Having said that, Trump's public attacks on the judicial system are dumb. Judges have a lot of discretion when it comes to sentencing, and Trump's obvious lack of contrition could influence the judge.
He was the newer version of Teflon Don. Until the law could charge him. Capone comes to mind.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Thank god that stupid POS Trump has been found guilty. Now will that guilty verdict toss that ahole out of the Republican party?
Very good question. Probably not.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Once again it demonstrates the stupidity of american people. You don't vote for the person with the best ability, You vote for the idiot with the biggest wallet

Wake up America. The rest of the world thinks your a joke

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I’m not a legal expert and I don’t play one on the Internet, but I did hear one opinion on this case and I’m interested in people’s opinions. I totally believe Trump did exactly what he was accused and convicted of, but….

In NY these charges are misdemeanors unless tied to a felony. As misdemeanors they are currently outside the statute of limitations. Bragg did tie them to a felony, influencing an election. The issue I have read and I don’t understand because I’m not a legal expert, but he was never charged with felony of trying to influence an election. Based on that he could appeal and have the entire thing thrown out but again this is based only on what I have read, and I don’t know the legalities of it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I’m not a legal expert and I don’t play one on the Internet, but I did hear one opinion on this case and I’m interested in people’s opinions. I totally believe Trump did exactly what he was accused and convicted of, but….

In NY these charges are misdemeanors unless tied to a felony. As misdemeanors they are currently outside the statute of limitations. Bragg did tie them to a felony, influencing an election. The issue I have read and I don’t understand because I’m not a legal expert, but he was never charged with felony of trying to influence an election. Based on that he could appeal and have the entire thing thrown out but again this is based only on what I have read, and I don’t know the legalities of it.
Isn't this the Stormy case and not J6?

jinjuku

jinjuku

All I know is he knows he steps out on his wives, his wives know he steps out on them, why bother to cover it up? Cheaper to move to France.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis