Venom its better than I thought it would be

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched this last night. The movie was slow to start but it got really interesing about halfway through once the inner dialog started. This has the makings of a seriously funny super hero series.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My 17YO daughter loved it because she likes a funnier story.

But I was disappointed because I don't like a funnier story. :D

I was also disappointed in "The Predator" because I thought they tried too hard to be funny.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I liked Venom a lot better than the new Predator. Venom is deserving of a couple sequels. It’s fun like Deadpool. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The only thing that helps all this comic movie stuff is humor. Deadpool is still funnier, tho I did like that aspect of Venom. The serious take on this comic book superhero stuff has no legs.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
We thought it was good as well. But may not buy it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
same here, I expected blah and I liked it. Far from perfect, but much better than I expected.

Predator had a lot of nice nods to the original, but lacked anything else. It was fun, moderately entertaining.

I will watch Venom again. Predator, nope.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
My 17YO daughter loved it because she likes a funnier story.

But I was disappointed because I don't like a funnier story. :D

I was also disappointed in "The Predator" because I thought they tried too hard to be funny.
you are the first one that I can think of to mention this. i feel the same way. is it a comedy? is it action? is it scifi? can it be all of the above? yes but they haven't been doing it right to put it all together.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
you are the first one that I can think of to mention this. i feel the same way. is it a comedy? is it action? is it scifi? can it be all of the above? yes but they haven't been doing it right to put it all together.
There is no telling what people like. :D

Some of us prefer serious movies, but don't mind some natural unforced humor.

A lot of things in life are ironic and funny - they are natural, unforced, and a lot of times unintentional.

A lot of serious movies do have some natural and unforced humor. For example, Edge of Tomorrow has a few funny scenes, but I think they flow very naturally (I would be the first in line for an Atmos BD release of Edge of Tomorrow. :D).

But I think a lot of the new movies (like Venom and The Predator) try too hard to be funny. I don't like it personally, but others do like it. Venom has an IMDb rating of 6.8 and probably falling. I gave it a 5/10 rating on IMDb. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Likely story. Sounds like an alter ego thing to me. I bet you're wearing lip stick now. :D

My g/f (real person/not made up) liked Venom because she likes Hardy or whatever his name is.
Not sure about your g/f being a real person. :eek::D

But.....my daughter and I are like Siskel and Ebert. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL as if anything in the Marvel universe can really be considered "serious"....

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
There is no telling what people like. :D

Some of us prefer serious movies, but don't mind some natural unforced humor.

A lot of things in life are ironic and funny - they are natural, unforced, and a lot of times unintentional.

A lot of serious movies do have some natural and unforced humor. For example, Edge of Tomorrow has a few funny scenes, but I think they flow very naturally (I would be the first in line for an Atmos BD release of Edge of Tomorrow. :D).

But I think a lot of the new movies (like Venom and The Predator) try too hard to be funny. I don't like it personally, but others do like it. Venom has an IMDb rating of 6.8 and probably falling. I gave it a 5/10 rating on IMDb. :D

i just noticed the acu part of your name. is acu you alma mator? i roamed abilene for a few lol

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
LOL as if anything in the Marvel universe can really be considered "serious"....

since i'm not a comic book fan, i thought saving the world and such WOULD be serious. if these recent movies are any reflection of the comics as a failed attempts at witty banter and humor then i have comic books all wrong

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
since i'm not a comic book fan, i thought saving the world and such WOULD be serious. if these recent movies are any reflection of the comics as a failed attempts at witty banter and humor then i have comic books all wrong
Sure, comic book superheros saving the world is serious....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sure, comic book superheros saving the world is serious....
Well, okay, minus the bat suit and smiley face makeup, Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy was pretty serious. :D

They should have at least been nominated for Best Picture. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, okay, minus the bat suit and smiley face makeup, Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy was pretty serious. :D

They should have at least been nominated for Best Picture. :D
I think Black Panther is the first Marvel flick to get nominated for one....The Dark Knight was the jewel in the Nolan films, will never be another Joker like Heath Ledger....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis