Velodyne Woofer replacement

drybo

drybo

Audioholic Intern
Have a "12 Velodyne Ct-120 and would like any and all opinions on a good replacement woofer. The Velo is still in good shape but is "boomy", just want to experiment w/o going over $100-$150. I had a Infinity kappa perfect sub in my car years ago that I thought was very good, may look at used on ebay... Any thoughts appreciated.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The exact woofer that came out of the Subwoofer.

You do not want to start swaping in different woofers. The Box was designed for one.

SheepStar

drybo

drybo

Audioholic Intern
Thanks, you probably saved me a lot of problems I don't need (If it aint broke dont fix it) I says to myself.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
drybo said:
Thanks, you probably saved me a lot of problems I don't need (If it aint broke dont fix it) I says to myself.
No problem.

Now, theres nothing saying building your own DIY woofer is a bad idea. :D

SheepStar

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
drybo said:
Have a "12 Velodyne Ct-120 and would like any and all opinions on a good replacement woofer. The Velo is still in good shape but is "boomy", just want to experiment w/o going over $100-$150. I had a Infinity kappa perfect sub in my car years ago that I thought was very good, may look at used on ebay... Any thoughts appreciated.
I don't think you will get anything halfway decent for $150 even used. If you find a used Hsu or SVS on eBay in your price range it certainly would worth checking out. I am more familiar with ID subs than retail, bearing that in mind I think decent ID subs starts with the Hsu STF1 for $299.

Nick

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nick250 said:
I don't think you will get anything halfway decent for $150 even used. If you find a used Hsu or SVS on eBay in your price range it certainly would worth checking out. I am more familiar with ID subs than retail, bearing that in mind I think decent ID subs starts with the Hsu STF1 for $299.

Nick

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/
Um, he was talking about removing the woofer from his CT-120 and puting a better one, not buying a whole powered sub for 150. :)

SheepStar

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Possibly a cheap fix.

Try moving it to a different position. This can make a not-to-subtle change in it's overall oerformance.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
The exact woofer that came out of the Subwoofer.

You do not want to start swaping in different woofers. The Box was designed for one.

SheepStar
Can the same be said, for speakers as well?:eek:

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
Um, he was talking about removing the woofer from his CT-120 and puting a better one, not buying a whole powered sub for 150. :)

SheepStar
Ah, I misunderstood.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
billy p said:
Can the same be said, for speakers as well?:eek:
Most likely, yes.

The crossover is design for those drivers, and may not work well with others. And if the speaker is designs to reproduce bass, the tuning and size may be off.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis