gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Supposed to be from what I heard. Some day I will get to them ;)

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I checked out Vampire Wire. Some of their lower priced cables seem reasonable, but they get really steep. If you do some reading on their flash site, you can find they're selling snake oil in almost the same way as audioquest (minus the batteries), talking about "harshness" and "graininess". I'd stay away from that kind of garbage.

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Was looking at the oxygen free copper cable, not the pricey stuff. I have some of it (the oxygen free copper) already, and was looking into getting some more. The cable I have is about fifteen years old, but the stuff they are selling now still looks the same.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Check out the flash site. If you read the literature on their "normal" OFC and silver plated OFC products, it seems legit, talking about geometry and dielectrics controlling inductance and capicitance. However, if you read their Cables and Casting section, you'll discover the oil stash.

http://www.vampirewire.com/shockindex/index2.html

So, like Grado, this seems like a company that sells some legitimate, quality products and some snake oil. I guess just be aware of what is and what isn't BS.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis