Using SPL after Audyssey correction....

D

drummertime

Junior Audioholic
Out of curiosity does anyone play with the speaker levels after using Audyssey? So setting your volume to 0 (or reference) and then making sure all speakers are around 75db based on the main listening position? Or would you say that Audyssey does this better based on room acoustics? Obviously if you mess with speaker levels in manual mode this will turn Audyssey off. But you can mess with speaker levels outside the manual setting menu. At least on my Marantz you have that option.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have.
Largely to make certain that the Speaker Trims are not set too high in positive numbers which usually implies that digital boost is being applied. I would rather have to turn my master volume up a couple clicks while protecting digital headroom in the processing.
Ideally, all Speaker Trim numbers should be negative, and hopefully be at that 75dB mark. Along with that, your Sub(s) should always have the lowest Trim setting of all your Speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have.
Largely to make certain that the Speaker Trims are not set too high in positive numbers which usually implies that digital boost is being applied. I would rather have to turn my master volume up a couple clicks while protecting digital headroom in the processing.
Ideally, all Speaker Trim numbers should be negative, and hopefully be at that 75dB mark. Along with that, your Sub(s) should always have the lowest Trim setting of all your Speakers.
This…

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Out of curiosity does anyone play with the speaker levels after using Audyssey? So setting your volume to 0 (or reference) and then making sure all speakers are around 75db based on the main listening position? Or would you say that Audyssey does this better based on room acoustics? Obviously if you mess with speaker levels in manual mode this will turn Audyssey off. But you can mess with speaker levels outside the manual setting menu. At least on my Marantz you have that option.
You can adjust levels manually and retain use of Audyssey if you want to adjust to preference, e.g. many adjust sub level after running Audyssey. As long as the levels are proportianate I don't particularly worry about the levels, tho.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Myself, I use Audyssey, in my HT Room and leave it alone, as the Calibration is well balanced for DD and or Stereo listening. In my case with my main speakers with very near field listening, the balanced sound is best with my particular Mains, pointed straight out into the room. My listening distance is only 6 feet from TV, Mains + Center channel. Mains are 6 feet apart along with the side surrounds. Simple basement small room application for one person.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis