Using old speakers with new receiver

E

Ecole21122

Audiophyte
Hey guys, I’ve been struggling to find a proper answer to this question for a few days now. I have a Sony n5200w I bought this when I got my tv, it served my purposes properly, but the main unit has gone bad twice inside of 18 months now. It uses a wireless box that the surround speakers plug into and the signal is transmitted from the main unit to the speaker unit and then to the speakers. I’m fed up with this head unit and want to replace it, is there anyway I could continue to utilize the wireless box? I plan to renovate the basement in 2020 summer and I’ll likely run some jumpers from one side of the basement to the other for this express purpose, but in the meantime what can I do to make this work with a new receiver?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If it's a home theater in a box, you need to start fresh completely. When your ready give us a budget and room dimensions, including any openings to other rooms

E

Ecole21122

Audiophyte
If that's truly the case I'll likely drop back and wait a bit. I figure worst case I could extend the speaker wire and run it to the receiver no? Home theater is 99% of the reason I use it.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If that's truly the case I'll likely drop back and wait a bit. I figure worst case I could extend the speaker wire and run it to the receiver no? Home theater is 99% of the reason I use it.
There are wireless transmitter and receivers you can use, but there is no way to determine if the ones you have work proprietary. With HTIBs you never now what internals provide a specific crossover and what filters are employed, so it's not a good idea to repurpose most of that type of gear without knowing fully the specs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis