R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
Hello friends

My current set up
  1. AVR - Yamaha A870
  2. LR - B&W 603s
  3. C- B&W HTM 6
  4. Surrounds- BOSE 301 Series V ( yep Bose - currently sounds good but hopefully moving to B&W 607 )
  5. Sub - No Sub and will not be having one due to some restrictions

I have ONLY one POLK Center CS 10 and was wondering whether
a.I can connect the Single Polk Center to One of the Atmos Terminals ( Front presence High). The other remains unconnected
b. Place them on the ground or on a pedestal Facing upward ( dont laugh now :) . It looks amazingly silly for the polk to sit there and Look Up)
c. Turn the Atmos Level to Max

I wanted to check whether it would impact either my avr or any of the other speakers.

Thank you in advance.

Rajesh

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not an Atmos user but your use of the center sounds wack for Atmos. Get a sub for some improvement rather than screwing around with making channels what they aren't. Do it right or not at all is my opinion.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you are going to use Atmos, make sure that all height channels are paired, so no, do not use a single speaker. You will need the right kind of speaker too, center speakers would not be ideal even if you had a matching pair.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
I'm not an Atmos user but your use of the center sounds wack for Atmos. Get a sub for some improvement rather than screwing around with making channels what they aren't. Do it right or not at all is my opinion.
Thank you for your advise. getting a sub is not possible but get the drift.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
If you are going to use Atmos, make sure that all height channels are paired, so no, do not use a single speaker. You will need the right kind of speaker too, center speakers would not be ideal even if you had a matching pair.
Thank you SJ

J

jon.michael.c.chua

Audiophyte
I would say just try it. No harm in trying. No risk of trying it. See if you like it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis