J

jordanvo1990

Audiophyte
Hello, Upgrading my tv sound system from a soundbar & sub. New to surround sound. I don't want to spend a lot though.

Their is a set of used speakers on craigslist for 550 cad (400usd roughly) Polk RT600i towers, RT15i rears , CS245i Center channel and PSW350 10” powered subwoofer. Is this a good deal? I would still need to buy a receiver. Do you think I can get anything new that would be better then this for $5-600 usd?

I am actually looking to do a 3.1 setup. Two towers, a center speaker and sub. Won't be getting rears in the future.

Thanks,

Jordan

P

Paul Mohr

Audioholic Intern
New for 600 dollars? Probably not. At least not anything that will match that set up. A new set of polk signature towers will cost you more than 600 bucks, I just bought some. And other speakers that sound as good or better might cost you more. Then a decent subwoofer isn't cheap, nor is a center channel. Could you get a pair of bookshelfs, a center channel and sub for 600 bucks? Maybe, but I am not sure it would be as good.

Without actually looking everything up I would say 400 US is pretty good for that set up providing they are in good condition and not damaged. I would buy them. Nothing wrong with used speakers if they are still in good condition. I would want to see and hear them first though if at all possible.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
New for 600 dollars? Probably not. At least not anything that will match that set up. A new set of polk signature towers will cost you more than 600 bucks, I just bought some. And other speakers that sound as good or better might cost you more. Then a decent subwoofer isn't cheap, nor is a center channel. Could you get a pair of bookshelfs, a center channel and sub for 600 bucks? Maybe, but I am not sure it would be as good.

Without actually looking everything up I would say 400 US is pretty good for that set up providing they are in good condition and not damaged. I would buy them. Nothing wrong with used speakers if they are still in good condition. I would want to see and hear them first though if at all possible.
Way better deal then beinng ripped off paying retail like I did for entry level klipsch.
Test them out for $400 usd at sellers house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis