Use bi amplifying on an amplifier that does not support it?? help?

anestismania

anestismania

Audiophyte
So well i have my Akai am-69 and its a very lovely 4 stereo channel amp that dose NOT support bi amplifying and i was thinking...

if i connect to my second terminals of my speakers to the second channel of the amp and use it in a (A+B) mode wouldn't this be ok???

why do i want to bi amp my speakers? oh well its has this mode witch is called "loudness" and it basically boost's the lower frequencies...and when i play them too loud before the "loudness" mode is automatically stopped the tweeter plays distorted for a while and if i separate the lows and the highs this problem should stop..
but now the problem lies to my amp technically doesn't support bi amping sooo what if i use this method... it wont work ?
or ill burn something down
Thank you for your help

As a reward ill upload some pics at the end if my problems

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So well i have my Akai am-69 and its a very lovely 4 stereo channel amp that dose NOT support bi amplifying and i was thinking...

if i connect to my second terminals of my speakers to the second channel of the amp and use it in a (A+B) mode wouldn't this be ok???

why do i want to bi amp my speakers? oh well its has this mode witch is called "loudness" and it basically boost's the lower frequencies...and when i play them too loud before the "loudness" mode is automatically stopped the tweeter plays distorted for a while and if i separate the lows and the highs this problem should stop..
but now the problem lies to my amp technically doesn't support bi amping sooo what if i use this method... it wont work ?
or ill burn something down
Thank you for your help

As a reward ill upload some pics at the end if my problems
Using A + B is not biamping. There is only one dual channel amplifier. A one pair of speakers. B second pair of speakers. A + B both pairs of speakers connected in parallel. However both sets of speakers must be at least 8 ohms, as the impedance seen by the amp will be halved.

You can not do what you want and it makes no sense anyway.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It is not a "4 channel stereo channel amp", there are only two channels with 4 sets of binding posts for people who wants to connect two pairs of speakers. In that case the speakers must have impedance of 8 ohms minimum.

In you case, if you connect the tweeter to A and woofer to B and use A+B, you will be bi-wiring and not bi-amping. You can try it to find out if there is a difference but it won't make the audible distortion go away.

Oops.. TLSG beat me to it.

anestismania

anestismania

Audiophyte
hmm i see i see... oh well I'll see what's up with bi wiring and decide what to do...

anestismania

anestismania

Audiophyte
well more or less yes i agree with this but since i can't bi amp i won't go for bi wiring

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis