Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I’m sorry if this is redundant, but I didn’t want to hijack another thread.
I currently stream Netflix from my television using ARC.
I am connecting a Denon 3500, and I want to know would I get better performance using a Firestick or my Blue Ray player instead to stream instead.

Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well....when I stopped using Netflix on my tv cuz it was only 2.0 audio I went to a PS3 and a bluray player for a while but then they were getting kinda clunky so I thought I'd try a Fire Stick....which is much better. The Fire Stick is not perfect (and I don't do 4k/Atmos so have no idea how it works with those)...had to report two issues yesterday that pissed me off...one was it kept dropping my Spotify signin and second was annoying volume level in the Netflix browse mode (the previews were like more than 10dB hotter than an actual movie/show); they had me clear data and soft reset and so for so good but they've got a line open for continuing the conversation. I'd reported the volume thing once before a few months ago but it never really went away nor did they have a solution then.

Still, a separate streamer is likely to have more up to date apps and get updates for them whereas tvs and bluray players I think have limited support in comparison (but who knows how long they'll properly support the Fire Stick either....technology!).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis