Urban political failure

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
I've been thinking on the Left's failure solve real urban problems and how they scapegoat the right for their failure.
blog_median_voter-1536x735.jpg

Cities are polluted. Rural areas, not so much. Cities are heat islands because structures and roads trap heat. Smog is another local problem. It's no wonder that people that live in cities are responsive to global warming dogma.

People that live in rural areas are highly sensitive to a rise in the price of gasoline. It's no wonder that people who live cities do not feel as much financial pain, and therefore are less perturbed by rising fuel costs.

These urban rural differences shake out in party affiliation.

Say there's a problem with the Minneapolis police dept. It's a local problem. Perhaps it's a widespread urban problem. Common to many American cities. Republicans do not have control of a single urban area in all of America. And yet, Republicans are somehow to blame for urban problems across the board. It's a good deflection.

Income inequality is an urban phenoma as well. I don't know how a young person living in a major west coast city can afford a house. This is a solvable problem. But the Left has made decisions for decades that have exacerbated the problem.

The Left dominates education. The achievement gap narrowed until the 1980s and has been persistent ever since. The failure of the education system to erase the achievement gap is their own. Naturally the education industry diverts blame for their failure to erase the achievement gap. They falsify reality and spin a narrative that suburban and rural whites are to blame for their institutional failure. It's as dumb as the military industrial complex losing a twenty year war in Afghanistan and blaming systemic racism or global warming for their failure to win the war.

Gun violence is a problem in urban areas, but not rural ones. And urban voters don't understand the obvious reason why rural voters do not share their view.

Many of the problems the Left are concerned about amount to nothing more than local politics. And the Left uses Republicans as a bogey man, a scapegoat for their failure to solve these local issues.

Consider how California has mismanaged their forests. They blame global warming. Their propagandized voter based is ready to accept that answer. And the result is no one is held accountable for forest mismanagement.

Social media, is another Leftist controlled institution. There are news articles every week, Leftist politicians demanding change every week. And nothing really changes. It's quite bizarre to listen to people talk non-stop about the dangers of a monopoly, listen to them talk about how big corporations should be broken up. And then Democrats do nothing of the sort. It's almost as if the Democrats are actually more resistant to change than Republicans.

The Republicans did not create our current political environment, snooty white liberals did. Republicans are nearly where they were in 1994. It's the Left that has become extreme, but they talk non stop about Republican extremism. It's a deflection for their policy failures.

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sounds like we need to move people out of cities and into rural areas then. Too much population density.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
People who run cities need to remember that humans are animals and as such, much of our behavior is barely controlled by us unless we take the time and make the effort to do that. Some animals do well in large groups while others, not so much. All species have dominant and submissive members of their groups, with others that just go along or are opportunistic. The ones that are more self-reliant don't need the large groups, although they may get along with the others well enough, but they don't feel the need to constantly be around them or share with them. Also, higher population density of many species leads to more confrontations, spread of diseases and the food supply has to be maintained by the relatively small percentage that provide it.

Becoming dependent on others who provide everything causes problems that can't be solved if the providers won't/can't continue and we're seeing that now.

WRT humans, bad behavior is not seen as the problem in many areas of crime in far too many cities- politicians don't want to ruffle peoples' feathers by saying this because they want to be re-elected and the truth angers people when they're part of the problem. They want to blame everyone and everything except the real problem. They're also very good at pitting one group against another, all in the name of 'fairness'.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
"The Left dominates education. The achievement gap narrowed until the 1980s and has been persistent ever since. The failure of the education system to erase the achievement gap is their own. Naturally the education industry diverts blame for their failure to erase the achievement gap. They falsify reality and spin a narrative that suburban and rural whites are to blame for their institutional failure. "

Wow, So much horsepoop here It would take ages to refute each BS with proper facts and not mere empty BS such as above. Unfortunately, I'm busy at work to do it properly and thus I'd just put my disagree to OPs trolling post.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
"The Left dominates education. The achievement gap narrowed until the 1980s and has been persistent ever since. The failure of the education system to erase the achievement gap is their own. Naturally the education industry diverts blame for their failure to erase the achievement gap. They falsify reality and spin a narrative that suburban and rural whites are to blame for their institutional failure. "

Wow, So much horsepoop here It would take ages to refute each BS with proper facts and not mere empty BS such as above. Unfortunately, I'm busy at work to do it properly and thus I'd just put my disagree to OPs trolling post.
The OP is awfully vague in his claims.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The OP is awfully vague in his claims.
Both vague and lying (or simply rehashing someone else lies). If there is anyone to blame for the education system state is 100% on republicans. Don't forget that No Child left behind (or pushed ahead) is thanks to Bush Jr.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
"The Left dominates education. The achievement gap narrowed until the 1980s and has been persistent ever since. The failure of the education system to erase the achievement gap is their own
I actually do believe that the education system could erase the achievement gap, and that what they do matters.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Don't forget that No Child left behind (or pushed ahead) is thanks to Bush Jr.
And it failed. It was bipartisan. 381-41 and 87-10. Ted Kennedy helped write it. It wasn't thanks to G Dub. The Democrats were right there. Wake up.

And Common Core failed too.

The two major education reforms of the last two decades have failed to erase the achievement gap.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Sounds like we need to move people out of cities and into rural areas then. Too much population density.
That's not the trend. The US, and many other countries, are continuing a long trend towards more urbanization. And my argument is that the Democrat party has done a poor job of solving the urban problems they have been tasked with by voters.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
And it failed. It was bipartisan. 381-41 and 87-10. Ted Kennedy helped write it. It wasn't thanks to G Dub. The Democrats were right there. Wake up.

And Common Core failed too.

The two major education reforms of the last two decades have failed to erase the achievement gap.
It was republican law, signed by the sitting Republican president, by a republican-controlled house.
No idea what dub you're talking about.
Introduced by Republican John Boehner.
Ted Kennedy helped write it, but Republicans cut the budget making it less than useless.
I quote wiki:
"Various early Democratic supporters of NCLB criticize its implementation, claiming it is not adequately funded by either the federal government or the states. Ted Kennedy, the legislation's initial sponsor, once stated: "The tragedy is that these long overdue reforms are finally in place, but the funds are not."

Obviously, it failed, but my point is it was largely Republican fault. Wake up yourself troll.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I actually do believe that the education system could erase the achievement gap, and that what they do matters.
achievement gap? There's no achievement gap. What we DO have a piss poor education system, largely due to piss-poor funding. In NJ we have some of the best public schools - care to guess why? If you guessed properly funded where it isn't crazy for a teacher with 10 years experience to make 6 digit salary. This is how you attract and retain talent. The problem is educated people tend to vote for Democrats and We can't have that!

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Obviously, it failed, but my point is it was largely Republican fault. Wake up yourself troll.
I'm not being troll. I'm sincere.

I was actually teacher at one time. I admire public school teachers. They work much harder than people know.

And it's just deflection to say that the failure of public education to close the achievement gap is the fault of Republicans. It's absurd actually. The Left dominates education. Totally. Period.

There are many states that are controlled by Democrats. And you would expect public education to be top notch in those states. But it's not. They have failed to realize their own ambitions. And that's bad for everyone.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
achievement gap? There's no achievement gap. What we DO have a piss poor education system, largely due to piss-poor funding. In NJ we have some of the best public schools - care to guess why? If you guessed properly funded
New York spends the most per pupil and yet they rank 24th.

It seems that you aren't familiar with the education system and its persistent problems.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not being troll. I'm sincere.
Ok, I change troll, to misinformed.

I was actually teacher at one time. I admire public school teachers. They work much harder than people know.
Same (for a very short time) and 100% agree

And it's just deflection to say that the failure of public education to close the achievement gap is the fault of Republicans. It's absurd actually. The Left dominates education. Totally. Period.
Worst education gaffes were made by Republicans, Cue in forced creationism education exclusively in red states.

There are many states that are controlled by Democrats. And you would expect public education to be top notch in those states. But it's not. They have failed to realize their own ambitions. And that's bad for everyone.
Wrong again. Sort this list by Pre-K to 12 and out of the top 10 states, 9 are Blue.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Oh wow, you found a list where they ranked NY 19th. So impressive. 19th. Should we look at world rankings next?

You're not taking the point. Spending does not correlate with achievement. Get it Yet?
2019Charts.jpg

Stop clinging to false beliefs.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Worst education gaffes were made by Republicans, Cue in forced creationism education exclusively in red states.
Your arguments are spurious.

Look at this table. Education spending per pupil has gone up and up and up. It's a canard to say that schools just need more money for students to perform better.

This is reality.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
achievement gap? There's no achievement gap. What we DO have a piss poor education system, largely due to piss-poor funding. In NJ we have some of the best public schools - care to guess why? If you guessed properly funded where it isn't crazy for a teacher with 10 years experience to make 6 digit salary. This is how you attract and retain talent. The problem is educated people tend to vote for Democrats and We can't have that!
Sorry, but from where I sit, funding for the largest public school system in this part of the state is hardly lacking in funds,. What they lack is a decent system for spending the money on education- 65% of the Milwaukee Public School System budget goes to wages and pensions, the latter doing absolutely nothing to educate the 76-78K students. They piss away money on maintenance for unused buildings and until recently, they couldn't sell them because of the bylaws. This means that 35% of the budget goes toward the education efforts which, because of the culture of the system, has high turnover rates of teachers and staff, bad attitudes and poor outcomes. The MPS budget for the 2021-2022 school year is just over $1.3Billion again, for 76-78K students.

The problems here are in the management of the system and implementation of the funds.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Look at this table. Education spending per pupil has gone up and up and up. It's a canard to say that schools just need more money for students to perform better.

This is reality.

I'm presenting major news sites facts. You're spewing lies and calling my arguments are spurious?
This is actual reality:
If you can't be bothered actually reading my sources instead of straight-up insults, then let me give you a short version: The 74 mil site was founded by a former CNN anchor Campbell Brown, who is part of a lawsuit seeking to overturn tenure protections for teachers in New York. They also include Sacklers among their sponsors and this doesn't give you pause, I don't know what will.

I don't disagree with you that the USA education system needs help, the problem is you and people like you present lies and false facts as truths. I've proven my points enough to point out you're heavily biased and that my original idea of ignoring your posts was the correct one. Don't bother trying to reply to me as I won't see it, I'm not running away, I am trying to save my spare time from wasting it, arguing trolls on the internet.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

This is reality.

OK so what cheaper methods are being used to get better test results, higher IQ's, getting students to sleep less in class and take interest etc?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis