Ups repeatedly rescheduling delivery date?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Had a package sent next day air on Friday, it was scheduled for delivery Saturday, out for delivery, but never got delivered. The delivery date was updated for Monday, out for delivery Monday morning. This time, I kept a watch on their “follow your delivery” map to see what was going on. The driver entered my neighborhood, and at one point in time, was literally within a 30 second walking distance from my house. Fast forward to today, and it was rescheduled AGAIN...

Calling the main customer service number was a waste of time. The only “answer” I got was that it was out for delivery and will be delivered, which it obviously wasn’t. I understand it’s the holidays, but air and international delivery is still guaranteed and takes priority above ground shipments. Not to mention, if the driver is right down the road from my house, how hard is it to drive 100 feet and just drop the already late delivery off???

Anyone had issues with this or have a suggestion? The order was shipped next day air for a reason.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
This time of year it's not usual for shipping delays and such. My friends iPhone X was out for delivery for 3 days in a row last week. I typically don't rely on Amazon Prime 2 day in the month of December

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
OTOH, a package I could barely give 2 sharts about arrived on Sunday, shipped USPS. It arrived a day early. On. Sunday. It was just Prime shipping, nothing special.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I ordered a Behringer USB audio interface and it was supposed to be here last Friday. Then, I was notified that it would be Saturday or Monday. My package was in Illinois for 2 days never even moved. Then, got notice it would be here today. However, when I called over the course of the last few days UPS was certain it would be delivered yesterday. Have had to rearrange several days of my schedule now ONLY to no avail. Surely it will be here today........ugh!

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not much to do, but wait and see.
Best case; you get it today.
Worst case, you will see it turn around and head back to the seller because it got damaged beyond any hope of being deliverable.
Hope both of you get your packages today!:)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Had a package sent next day air on Friday, it was scheduled for delivery Saturday, out for delivery, but never got delivered. The delivery date was updated for Monday, out for delivery Monday morning. This time, I kept a watch on their “follow your delivery” map to see what was going on. The driver entered my neighborhood, and at one point in time, was literally within a 30 second walking distance from my house. Fast forward to today, and it was rescheduled AGAIN...

Calling the main customer service number was a waste of time. The only “answer” I got was that it was out for delivery and will be delivered, which it obviously wasn’t. I understand it’s the holidays, but air and international delivery is still guaranteed and takes priority above ground shipments. Not to mention, if the driver is right down the road from my house, how hard is it to drive 100 feet and just drop the already late delivery off???

Anyone had issues with this or have a suggestion? The order was shipped next day air for a reason.
If you regularly see a driver in your area at certain times, it doesn't mean they will be the one who delivers a Next Day package.

You could go to the UPS site and click on the WHERE THE EFF IS MY PACKAGE?????? button, or if you google the tracking number, you should then see a box with "Track a package". Once you reach the tracking page, you should be able to check boxes that let you receive alerts for delivery, delays, etc.

CS should tell you where your package is, where the driver is and they can contact drivers to find out when they'll be in your area- I call them regularly when I need something but it hasn't arrived and I have met the driver on many occasions to grab my stuff and prevent them from changing their route.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
If you regularly see a driver in your area at certain times, it doesn't mean they will be the one who delivers a Next Day package.

You could go to the UPS site and click on the WHERE THE EFF IS MY PACKAGE?????? button, or if you google the tracking number, you should then see a box with "Track a package". Once you reach the tracking page, you should be able to check boxes that let you receive alerts for delivery, delays, etc.

CS should tell you where your package is, where the driver is and they can contact drivers to find out when they'll be in your area- I call them regularly when I need something but it hasn't arrived and I have met the driver on many occasions to grab my stuff and prevent them from changing their route.
Definitely did not get that kind of help from customer service.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Definitely did not get that kind of help from customer service.
I got decent CS in that they were nice and polite on the phone. One thing that stood out was that the rep kept on apologizing w/o any real effort is resolving my situation. Not to mention, I get told something different every time I call. Not much consistency other than the apologies. Hopefully, I finally get my package today! Uggghhhhh!

Cheers,

Phil

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
FWIW, I just saw this on the FedEx website:
FedEx said:
FedEx Express National Service Disruption
Last updated: December 5, 2017

FedEx Express experienced substantial flight and sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to severe thunderstorms. Potential delays are possible for package deliveries across the U.S. with a delivery commitment of December 5, 2017. FedEx is committed to provide service to the best of our ability. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.

Continue to check the status of your shipments on fedex.com or go to fedex.com for updates to FedEx Service Alerts. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or stay up to date by subscribing to FedEx Service Alert email notifications at the FedEx Email Subscription Center.

Operational impacts to other FedEx operating companies may vary due to local weather conditions.

Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, FedEx Express money-back guarantee is suspended for U.S. packages and shipments inbound into the U.S. from international locations with a delivery commitment of December 05, 2017.
Could be that UPS was impacted by the same weather disruptions. Might've affected @speakerman39's Behringer gadget, although I have no explanation for @yepimonfire's delivery debacle.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I just saw this on the FedEx website:

Could be that UPS was impacted by the same weather disruptions. Might've affected @speakerman39's Behringer gadget, although I have no explanation for @yepimonfire's delivery debacle.
No, my package was left in Hodgkins, Ill. for (2) days and then in Owensboro, KY since Saturday. I was NOT allowed to go the the UPS Hub and pick it up and/or make ANY other arrangements whatsoever. It was supposed to be delivered last Friday. Just got my package about 45-minutes ago. It would have been so much easier if I could just go pick it up in Owensboro. But, that was an absolute no go.

When I called UPS to check on my package earlier today, I heard a recording say that something happened in Louisville, KY that will affect deliveries nationwide! My first thought was, no not again. Luckily, I finally got my Behringer. Oh my, it is much BIGGER than I originally thought. Holy smokes!!!!!! ;););)

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you got your package, Phil!

In my area, I can go to the hub to pick it up, but that usually means another day's wait if it is already queued with the other deliveries for that day. I can't really expect them to do a spur of the moment hunt through all of their packages for mine, that could run up costs in a hurry. I believe by their processes every package passes by a scanner every time it enters or leaves a facility and any packages remaining on trucks are scanned back into the hub and back out for the next days delivery and if it is not slated to be redirected before that scan, you have to wait until the next scan point.

I can also opt to have them hold it at one of the UPS stores for me (again, this will likely add a day or two unless I let them know early enough that it catches the first scan when it arrives at the local hub).

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you got your package, Phil!

In my area, I can go to the hub to pick it up, but that usually means another day's wait if it is already queued with the other deliveries for that day. I can't really expect them to do a spur of the moment hunt through all of their packages for mine, that could run up costs in a hurry. I believe by their processes every package passes by a scanner every time it enters or leaves a facility and any packages remaining on trucks are scanned back into the hub and back out for the next days delivery and if it is not slated to be redirected before that scan, you have to wait until the next scan point.

I can also opt to have them hold it at one of the UPS stores for me (again, this will likely add a day or two unless I let them know early enough that it catches the first scan when it arrives at the local hub).
Thanks Kurt. I would have been more than happy to just go pick my package up at the UPS hub in Owensboro, KY. In fact, that is what I planned to do to only find out that the shipper would NOT allow it. Owensboro is only a 26-mile drive one way from me. The main UPS driver knows me well b/c he is the same that always delivered at the shop. The problem is, however, quite often he is not on his main route. When that happens, it can be a real problem for me when expecting a package. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Oh wow, UPS delivered a pair of speakers I got on Black Friday yesterday on time but has still failed to deliver the important time sensitive item that was shipped next day air...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
UPS decided to send my x1300w from Mesquite to Houston instead of just driving straight south to San Antonio. Nice. They were going to deliver early today, but now it's "on time" for tomorrow.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I am surprised that with tracking barcode they cannot tell you when it gets to a local station and then out for delivery and it gets there. What is the estimates based on if not the tracking tag scanned at each point?
They should know exactly where each package is.:rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Interestingly I just had an interesting experience with UPS and their Mail Innovations service. Package seemed to sit in the local city for 5 days, but will take 2 off for the 24th and 25th.

The small package didn't arrive on the estimated date, of course. No one will answer where it sat for 3 days.
The local UPS warehouse acceptance and delivery facility doesn't even know about this Mail Innovation service. :eek:
Post office knows but only acknowledges that the tracking info states they received it at 4:30 AM and delivered it same day. Yet it was here locally for 5 total days, someplace.

While it is not critical, what is frustrating is that no one knows or admits that they had it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis