Upgrading from Yamaha A2070

S

sakete

Audioholic
I'm considering upgrading from my Yamaha A2070 to get some modern features like VRR and Dolby Vision passthrough, but more importantly, to get better room correction and integration with a new subwoofer I just bought.

My current setup is 2x Revel F206 towers, Revel C205 center, and a HSU VTF2-MK5 sub. The two towers are driven by an external Purifi Class D amp, the center channel by the Yamaha itself. So not too worried about the utmost amplification power in an AVR.

I've been looking at the Denon X4800H where I'd get the DLBC upgrade (already have a Umik-1). What else should I consider that's just as good if not better (and can be expected to be reliable for years to come)?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In another thread you wrote that you’re considering using two subwoofers. I would the make sure that any receiver you choose at least can have independent level and distance for each subwoofer output. A Denon/Marantz with Audyssey XT32, like the Denon above, have that. For Dirac you’ll have to verify that as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think the Denon would be a good choice. Maybe just the 3800 since you have an external amp.

S

sakete

Audioholic
I think the Denon would be a good choice. Maybe just the 3800 since you have an external amp.
I picked up the X4800H yesterday from Best Buy for around $2K, it was on sale, so saved $500 off full price.

Liking the results so far.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I picked up the X4800H yesterday from Best Buy for around $2K, it was on sale, so saved $500 off full price.

Liking the results so far.
LOL I forgot you'd already decided. Can be the difficulty in multiple threads....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis