E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
So I'm looking at a dedicated room for a home theater and the room dimesions are 11'6" X 10'. With that in mind I currently have a rear projection 51" 1080i tv. I want to do the most with this room as far as seating and some actual floor standers for mains. Any suggestions as far as a way to go? I am thinking that my price range for the entire viewing portion would be about $2,500 an d I have no idea whether to go projector or LCD/plasma or a new rear projection.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Your display options may depend on your seating requirements. The size/price value goes from front projection to rear projection to flat panel being the most expensive. In that room I can see an 84” dia. screen with a 3 seat sofa around your budget. Although, you could squeeze in 5 if you use lawn chairs. j/k :p:D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'd probably go with a bigger screen, but you can definitely do it. A 1080p projector may be a bit out of the budget, but a 100" diagonal Carada screen with a Panasonic AX200U projector would be killer in a room that size.

That would be right around $2,000.

I would personally seriously think about making the 1080p upgrade with the Epson 1080UB, but if you are after home theater, and you can control the light in the room and install some directional lighting, then you can get one heck of a big image for that type of cash. Don't forget the lamp warranty!

E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
At what distance does it no longer really become beneficial to go 1080P? This is a small room I realize but will I even be able to see the difference between 720p/1080p if the seating is on th back wall?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
At what distance does it no longer really become beneficial to go 1080P? This is a small room I realize but will I even be able to see the difference between 720p/1080p if the seating is on th back wall?
This is a decent article on resolution vs. seating distance...

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/hitech/1137/maxing-out-resolution.html

At about a 10 foot viewing distance then your screen can be about 52" w/720p resolution according to this chart - while with 1080p you can have a 75"+ diagonal.

B

bswain06

Audiophyte
I don't use charts and stuff...they always are convoluted

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis