• Thread starter Poopsy MacSquats II
  • Start date
P

Poopsy MacSquats II

Enthusiast
I have 7.1 home theatre using LS50 metas as LCR. I'm looking to introduce a bit more oomph into movie watching so am considering the Kef Q750 for the L and R channels. Does any one have these and have you compared them to the LS50 metas. I really like the soundstage and clarity of the ls50 metas. How do the Q750s compare? Going to see about hearing them out in a storefront soon, but would appreciate any input here.

Thanks!

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I see you have 1 subwoofer (7.1), I would strongly recommend getting a second sub and watching Gene's videos on sub setup and placement to get more "oomph" in your movies.

P

Poopsy MacSquats II

Enthusiast
Good point... I went and listened to the Q750s yesterday against ls50 metas w/ subs.
Some difference, but not really an upgrade at the price.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
I have 7.1 home theatre using LS50 metas as LCR. I'm looking to introduce a bit more oomph into movie watching so am considering the Kef Q750 for the L and R channels. Does any one have these and have you compared them to the LS50 metas. I really like the soundstage and clarity of the ls50 metas. How do the Q750s compare? Going to see about hearing them out in a storefront soon, but would appreciate any input here.

Thanks!
Hi,

Could you describe oomph perhaps better? What does that mean?

Very best,

K

kini

Full Audioholic
I have the 750s but have not listened to the LS50s. I can say that in my rather small room with a listening distance of 8-9' they play louder than I care to listen and I don't hear any distortion at the volumes I listen at.

I do believe the 750s will play louder and have more mid-bass than the LS50s if that's what you're after. Also in my untreated room they project a huge soundstage which was the biggest thing I noticed when I changed over from 2 different sets of horn loaded speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis