Upgrade My Denon AVR-X6400H

M

mlichtenfield

Enthusiast
Samsung series 900r 82 inch QLED 8k. This is their top tier set.

M

mlichtenfield

Enthusiast
There is a good bit of 4k and atmos content streamed through my apple tv 4k box, especially on itunes.

M

mlichtenfield

Enthusiast
I went with TV because it will be many year before this technology will become obsolete. Hoping to do th same with the avr receiver.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
There’s definitely a lot of Atmos content and 4K is getting some traction but most people don’t want to pay for disks, and streaming is inconsistent in a lot of places. Personally I wish 8k would have died in the womb. 4K has proven enough of a pain in the a$$, and I don’t see any real world benefits to 8k. I also think most people that just upgraded to 4K will be like “really? Now 8k? NOOOO!!!!” I have a 4K player, but it’s on a 1080 plasma. IMO HDR is the real star and 4K is as much resolution as people can see anyway. Unless we start putting 200” screens in our rooms. Lol

M

mlichtenfield

Enthusiast
The TV has the ability to upscale true 4k to 8k. Couple that with the HDR10, the picture is almost 3 dimensional (truly amazing). Then add the atmos sound and watching movies is a new experience. Now IMAX is being released, I can't imagine anything better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There is a good bit of 4k and atmos content streamed through my apple tv 4k box, especially on itunes.
Is it TRULY 4K and truly Atmos, or fake 4K and fake Atmos? :D

I've seen some of these streaming 4K/Atmos (Amazon, Netflix) and they just don't look and sound that great compared to the BluRay versions.

So I'm wondering if these so-called "4K" contents are just 2K upscaled to 4K? :D

For example, movies like "Edge of Tomorrow" and "Lawrence of Arabia" don't even have a 4K/and or Atmos versions on Blu-Ray. Yet, they somehow have 4K/Atmos versions just for streaming? :D

IOW, I can take any sources and use software to UPSCALE them to 4K resolution. But they are not true 4K, they are fake 4K. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The TV has the ability to upscale true 4k to 8k. Couple that with the HDR10, the picture is almost 3 dimensional (truly amazing). Then add the atmos sound and watching movies is a new experience. Now IMAX is being released, I can't imagine anything better.
I'm betting that the very high-end expensive awesome components and technology used to produce the awesome picture quality (colors, contrasts, brightness) is a lot more important than all these HDR10, Dolby Vision, IMAX, 8K features combined. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis