D

daxhobo

Enthusiast
Looking for some feedback on what my next purchase should be to upgrade my system? Most bang for the buck? Weakest link in my setup?

Pro-ject debut carbon espirit sb
Ortofon 2m Blue
Preamp. Budgie Hybrid phone preamp
Amp. Outlaw 5000
Reciever. Integra dtm 40.7
Speaker. Martin Logan 60xt
Sub. Martin logan dyno 700w

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Is there something you're not happy with or would like to improve upon?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sub looks the weakest in your list, for me would be lack of optical disc player. But otherwise, yeah, what do you find lacking and how much are you willing to spend on it?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Is this a 2.1 system?
Generally, that is a pretty good system you have.
I agree that the subwoofer is your weakest link!
If for music, the question I would ask is whether to get another Dynamo to better balance the bass across your room or swap out the Dynamo you have for something else.
If you are into HT and going for the full HT experience, swap out the 10" Dynamo for something more potent in the low end and plan to add a second down the road.
If music is your thing (and you don't listen to electronic music with deep synthesized bass or the lowest notes of a very large pipe organ) and the Dynamo is providing all you want in the way of "dinosaur stomps", you should be good with another Dynamo (assuming budget is a concern).

D

daxhobo

Enthusiast
2.1 setup for music only, looking to upgrade any piece that would improve sound, 1 piece at a time. Nothing specifically I dont like about current setup, just looking to improve. Budget... not high high end, reasonably affordable. I guess a little more than I paid for each current piece.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
2.1 setup for music only, looking to upgrade any piece that would improve sound, 1 piece at a time. Nothing specifically I dont like about current setup, just looking to improve. Budget... not high high end, reasonably affordable. I guess a little more than I paid for each current piece.

Unless you get speakers that are inefficient or you like to listen very, very loud, the Outlaw Amp should be good for the long haul!
No reason to replace your AVR unless it fails or there is a "must have" (for you) feature that prompts an upgrade. And difference between AVR's is minute compared to differences between speakers/subwoofers.
The Motion 60XT's are nice speakers! You can certainly buy better, but having a single 10" sub stands out as the biggest area of weakness in your gear. I am inclined to go with a minimum of a 12" sub even if it is just for music, but if you feel like the Dynamo is good for the bass content in the music you listen to, it is much more practicle to get a second Dynamo.
Understand that the frequencies subwoofers produce set up standing waves in any typical residential room resulting in areas of the room where there are nodes (spikes of too much bass) and nulls (areas where the bass is cancelled out).
here is a pretty good read to introduce you to this if you are not already familiar with the case for multiple subs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis