upgrade from SVS Ultras golden ear triton reference or one

A

adatrao

Audioholic Intern
hi all,
new year wishes....
I am presently owning SVS Ultras system 5.1 [along with marantz 6012 & emotiva (gen 3) 7 ch amp+ oppo bdp 103d]
Room size - 2500 cubic feet. 50:50 music and movies.

I am thinking of upgrading to a better 2 channel system, so was thinking of Golden Ear triton reference or 'triton one.
Is the Reference (8500 USD) much better for the premium it commands over triton one (5000 USD). There is the Triton one R , dont know if that fits for me.
Just thinking of this as a last system for many years to come.

Any ideas and thoughts on this project? thanks in advance for the contributors!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
hi all,
new year wishes....
I am presently owning SVS Ultras system 5.1 [along with marantz 6012 & emotiva (gen 3) 7 ch amp+ oppo bdp 103d]
Room size - 2500 cubic feet. 50:50 music and movies.

I am thinking of upgrading to a better 2 channel system, so was thinking of Golden Ear triton reference or 'triton one.
Is the Reference (8500 USD) much better for the premium it commands over triton one (5000 USD). There is the Triton one R , dont know if that fits for me.
Just thinking of this as a last system for many years to come.

Any ideas and thoughts on this project? thanks in advance for the contributors!
Honestly, that doesn't strike me as a big upgrade. The SVS Ultra speakers look very good. If I wanted a significant upgrade from them, I might be looking at the higher rungs of Revel, Paradigm, Salk, or Philharmonic. Although the Golden Ear speakers are fine, however they might not be a huge upgrade over the SVS speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis