Upgrade from my Yamaha RX-V661

P

Positrontime

Audiophyte
Looking to make some upgrades to my home theater system. Currently running 3.1 with NHT Classic 3 bookshelves and a Classic 3 center. With a 20 yr old Panasonic subwoofer.
Last year upgraded the tv to a Sony A80K

Now looking to upgrade the sub to a SVS PB-2000 Pro and the receiver

Room size is 1150 ft^3 with 1/3 of the room open to our kitchen which is the same size. Small condo hence why I’ve stuck with the 3.1 setup so long.

Going to be moving to a house in 3-4 months and would like a receiver that has the ability for 5.1.4 or 5.2.4 setup and HDMI 2.1

Budget for the receiver is ~$2000

Thanks for any recommendations

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking to make some upgrades to my home theater system. Currently running 3.1 with NHT Classic 3 bookshelves and a Classic 3 center. With a 20 yr old Panasonic subwoofer.
Last year upgraded the tv to a Sony A80K

Now looking to upgrade the sub to a SVS PB-2000 Pro and the receiver

Room size is 1150 ft^3 with 1/3 of the room open to our kitchen which is the same size. Small condo hence why I’ve stuck with the 3.1 setup so long.

Going to be moving to a house in 3-4 months and would like a receiver that has the ability for 5.1.4 or 5.2.4 setup and HDMI 2.1

Budget for the receiver is ~$2000

Thanks for any recommendations
For $2,000, the AVR-X6700H would be a good choice since it is on Black Friday sale.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yamaha RX-A6A, Marantz Cinema 50, Denon X3800, X4800, X6800.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Saw someone mention a 3800 was available with a pretty nice discount on FB.....lemme see.....this one "Nebraska Furniture Mart [nfm.com] has the Denon AVR-X3800H 9-Channel 8K Network AV Receiver on sale for $939 + tax when you apply coupon code ACT310 during checkout. "

R

RaymondMartin

Audiophyte
Considering your move to a house and desire for a 5.1.4 or 5.2.4 setup with HDMI 2.1, the Yamaha RX-A2080 or Denon AVR-X3700H could be excellent options within your $2000 budget. These models provide advanced features and ample connectivity for a more immersive home theater experience.

P

Positrontime

Audiophyte
Ended up getting a Denon X4800H for $1400. Also snagged a Pioneer DB-UB820 for $350

Excited to get it all hooked up next week.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis