updated audioholics $1500 5.1 expandable system

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
does anyone know if they will be doing a new one for this year? if so, an idea on publish date?
i just bought a tcl 75r635 tv and need to make sure my audio is in a decent condition to enjoy my first 4k tv

i know i need a new receiver, so i posted over in that section, but feel free to debate if the onkyo tx-sr494 is still the best choice for that price. i noticed it doesnt have dolby vision or hdr10

my current speakers are klipsch ksb 3.1, ksc-c1, ksw 100 subwoofer(some smaller speakers to complete the 7.1 from klipsch as well)
just so i get a better understanding of the level of my current speakers, would the cheap dayton mk442 speakers be an upgrade over my klipsch?
im sure the rsl cg3 are an upgrade, especially that sub. is that 5.1 still the best option for ~1000 and staying around $1500 budget?

do i need a 4k blu ray player? i dont really buy movies much, just my ultimate favorites and ill gladly buy them in 4k if available(ive noticed 1-2 are only on 4k blu ray and not digitally). my plan would be to watch 4k things on amazon prime, netflix, and digitally bought 4k movies. im not against the blu ray, just not sure it would get enough use to justify the price unless it helps with something else im not aware of

thanks for any help! glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to learning a lot

C

cruzer

Enthusiast
i ordered a Yamaha TSR-700 7.1 through costco as im told its the same thing as a yamaha rx-v6a but $200 cheaper.

can anyone tell me how my klipsch speakers compare to dayton mk442 or the rsl cg3? i dont want to buy new speakers if its not really an upgrade

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis