Upcoming Audioholics Reviews!

Z

Zax

Enthusiast
Wouldn't it be a nice idea to add a small list on top of the Audioholics news page that mentions some of the upcoming reviews for the next month?

Don't make it long-term, only mention the reviews that are likely appear first,
of in-house products or even products on which you already have started testing.

It's good for the users, who can postpone a purchase until the review comes out etc. And this is also good for the site, as it causes visitors who are interested in the upcoming review, to return to Audioholics regularly.

Grtz Mark.
[Edit: Condensed so we can post upcoming reviews in second post...]

Last edited by a moderator:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ok lets start here:

1) Yamaha YSP-1
2) Integra Research RDC-7.1 and RDA-7.1
3) Energy Veritas Inwalls
4) Triad Inwalls
5) Atlantic Technology 4200e THX speaker system
6) Canton CD Series Speaker system
7) Denon AVR-5805
8) Denon DVD-5910
9) Denon DVD-2910
10) SOS Subwoofer Correction System
11) Axion AXN7200 20" DVD/LCD TV Combo

We can't commit to exact dates on all of these, but these are at the top of our schedule right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guess88

Junior Audioholic
bah.. screw the 2910... review the 1910 for the ulimate budget upscaler DVD. I'd love to see a shootout of the 1910, pan s97, lg hd810?, and just a good 480p player in the same price range.

Z

Zax

Enthusiast
marantz

Any idea/estimation when the Marantz 8500 review will be coming??

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Please!!!!!

I really want to see you guys do a review of the B&W PV1 subwoofer, I don't trust anyone else to make an impartial review, since it has the B&W name attached to it. My B&W sub is getting kicked to curb as soon as I get few extra dollars saved up. Maybe a subwoofer shootout...? Oh yeah...that would be awesome!!!!

Z

Zax

Enthusiast
Marantz

Any response yet from Marantz - are they cooperating?
What's your first impression?

B

bumblebee

Enthusiast
hi to all. i'm new here and new to this hobby so pls be gentle :) is there a possiblity of reviewing wharfedale's new diamonds? the 9.1 perhaps. they are very cheap from where i came from and i would like to know if my money is well spent.

thanks and more power to audioholics.com :)

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Please add Paradigms to your list

the Paradigm Monitor 7/9 speakers are mentioned quite frequently in the forums.

Also the Paradigm CC-370 centre channel also.

I would really like to see a review on them.

Thanks,

Kim L.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Any response yet from Marantz - are they cooperating?
What's your first impression?
We are currently reviewing a Marantz Universal DVD player and Clint is getting one of their receivers soon. So far they look very promising.

Also the Paradigm CC-370 centre channel also.

I would really like to see a review on them.
As for Paradigm, kinda wierd, they seem more interested in sending product samples to hobby sites, publications that write cursory reviews or online websites whose marketing PR reps both them and the publications.

J

jzac

Audioholic
not on the list?

gene said:
Ok lets start here:

1) Yamaha YSP-1
2) Integra Research RDC-7.1 and RDA-7.1
3) Energy Veritas Inwalls
4) Triad Inwalls
5) Atlantic Technology 4200e THX speaker system
6) Canton CD Series Speaker system
7) Denon AVR-5805
8) Denon DVD-5910
9) Denon DVD-2910
10) SOS Subwoofer Correction System
11) Axion AXN7200 20" DVD/LCD TV Combo

We can't commit to exact dates on all of these, but these are at the top of our schedule right now.
After all the initial ooh aah I don't see any Axiom EP-500 or 600 subwoofer detail review in this list... guess too many to list, huh. :(

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think we forgot to list we. We are doing EP500 & 600's, but waiting on review samples. Thanks for pointing it out.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I want my EP600...

I have been waiting, since the Teaser, for the review. I have all but decided on the ep 600 to replace my 2 velodyne 15's but would really like to get some input from someone who actually has one or has listened to one over some time to see how they work in a variety of situations. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Or a review would work also... :D :rolleyes:
Keep up the good work guys. I cant imagine the pressure to review, in detail, all the products everyone wants to see in the time you have available..ie only 24 hours in a day. Thanks for your hard work so we can enjoy the results.
Curt

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, you can check this out...it's not complete, but it's something for ya

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Thought I would throw my suggestion in.

Clint have you thought about contacting Vandersteen for some review samples. They make some nice gear for reasonable prices.

I know you guys have a ton of gear lined up for review but maybe in the next year. ;)

Thanks,
Glenn

U

UncleM

Enthusiast
Great idea! I know that I would enter more often just to see what's coming.

Z

Zax

Enthusiast
yamaha rx-v4600

Audioholics team,
do you already have a Yamaha RX-V4600 in stock for review??

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
A quick suggestion or two for the list:

I understand that Denon and Yamaha are some of the most popular pieces and some of the better values out there. However, I'd like to see some straying from these two companies. Let's see more DVD player and receiver reviews from companies like HK, NAD, Integra, Rotel, Pioneer Elite...I understand that half the problem is obtaining review samples, but I certainly hope that the review team isn't too focused on just those two companies. It seems you guys review a wide variety of speakers, and I'd like to see the same for electronics

I would also like to see a review of an SVS or HSU sub since they're so widely talked about.

Otherwise, good work!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis