Universal URC MX-450 Remote Control First Look

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
will the mx 450 work with the rfs 100 base station?
Get one of the base stations with assignable outputs. It makes life a lot easier. Don't just go for the cheapest in this stuff- that only leads to immense frustration.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I wouldn't rule out the Harmony 1100 with the RF extender. It's very versatile and customizing buttons is easy. Unfortunately, creating different macros doesn't work.

L

leilaslass

Enthusiast
Universal Remote Control, Inc. released the new MX-450 a stand-alone IR/RF programmable remote control with 2-inch color LCD screen. Custom installers can program and set up the remote in minutes without a PC or Internet connection and URC's MacroEdit firmware allows for full macro editing on the MX-450’s LCD screen. The point of the MX-450 seems to be getting a PC-free remote into the hands of custom installers who may not be apt to bring along a laptop to the jobsite. The MX-450 also provides an advanced, GUI-driven macro programming and EDITING interface, something that is new to the remote control world.

Discuss "Universal URC MX-450 First Look" here. Read the article.
I have one of these remotes and it was originally programmed by an installer. I recently had to replace my DVD player and despite the excellent advice given to me on here through an actual video of how to set up a macro, I can't seem to pull it off. The one I watched used a Satellite Receiver as the example so I just tried to replace my DVD function for the Satellite one in the video. I thought I followed it step by step, and all I was trying to do was get the DVD button to work when I switch from Cable to DVD from the main screen. It always did that before. Now if I press DVD, it stays on Cable and the DVD options screen comes up, but I've managed to make it change the channels when I attempt to use them! What I did accomplish was being able to go the main screen, then press AUDIO, and THEN I can press the DVD button which now activates the DVD input. I know that's wrong, but I did it so I can live with it. I am considering switching my cable box for a new Xfinity1 box but I am afraid I won't be able to get the MX-450 to recognize it. Considering that my installer will charge me a high hourly fee plus a truck charge to come do this for me, I thought it worth asking on here if anyone has ever done this on their own without the expertise of a paid installer. I don't want to risk screwing up on the few buttons that still actually works the way it was meant to. Thanks. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis