Under 10k - where to go?

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
I finally got to hear the new(ish) Paradigm Persona 3F, which are right at your $10K limit, on Saturday. I wouldn't recommend buying anything until you can hear them. With beryllium tweeter AND mid range drivers, the sound stage, clarity, vocals are incredible. And I couldn't believe the power and depth of the bass, for the size of the 3F. Paradigm's Persona woofer motors are massive. I wasn't really seriously considering them because Paradigm has not traditionally been considered a "high end" speaker company, but they have blown that notion out of the water with the Persona.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am having second thoughts:
1. I still like my NHT XD 2.2. Not perfect but I love it
2. 18 months ago I changed jobs - better pay but longer hours. That + running + biking leaves little time to stay in front of my speakers. OTOH my headphones get a lot of time so maybe I should by the Stax Sr009?
For now I will just chill. Thanks everybody for suggestions. I made a list with some of the speakers. In time I will try to audition as many as I can.
As long as you can "resist the itch", taking your time to make a better researched and more thoughtful decision is always a great option! It is not like you are suffering in the mean time!

William Main

William Main

Audiophyte
If I was spending this amount of money on speakers, I'd be inclined to look at a planar, Martin Logan or Magnepan, as I like the accuracy of the planar technology and it's openness that I experience when comparing to boxed speakers in the same price range. Disclosure - I own Magnepan currently.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis