LineController

LineController

Junior Audioholic
Just watch YT video from this site about speaker placement and were using bipole for side surrounds up high and rear surrounds 2’ above ears? Thought all ear level was best.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah that seems a normal 7.1 type format, what I've done several times...and that could be a bit different from ideal placement for a 7.1 base layer plus Atmos/overhead speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just watch YT video from this site about speaker placement and were using bipole for side surrounds up high and rear surrounds 2’ above ears? Thought all ear level was best.
Haven’t seen the video, but for many years the recommendation was to place side and back surrounds at about 6’ roughly. With the introduction of Atmos, the guidelines say to place bed layer(ear level) speakers at ear level. Then place the height/top speakers at the appropriate height angles. That height differential is what the Atmos renderer uses to place sound in and around the room.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even back in the day, the idea was if you had enough room behind, you could have them at ear level. If you didn't have enough room behind the LP, they should go above. As mentioned, if going Atmos, that will need to adjust.

LineController

LineController

Junior Audioholic
Even back in the day, the idea was if you had enough room behind, you could have them at ear level. If you didn't have enough room behind the LP, they should go above. As mentioned, if going Atmos, that will need to adjust.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I’m going to do sides and rears at 6’5” off floor (that’s where they work in my room)and aim sides at LP and rears as there bipole flat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis