"Unbreaking America" - proposed concept on fixing our political system!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'd like to know what she was studying- if she got anything from her education, it should have been able to prevent homelessness. If she never worked before college, shame on her and her parents.

I know people who never went to college and make great money- it's a matter of having marketable job skills and the interpersonal skills to work with others that makes someone a viable candidate, as well as their being motivated.

Contraception works. Well, it could have, if it had been used.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Agreed and well said. I'm not of the mindset of allowing taxpayers to skirt their fiduciary responsibilities, but common sense has to prevail more often than not. This is where further reform is either warranted or at the very least, review of how the current rules and regulations are enforced/applied. Is easy to say all situations are cut and dried, but in reality, this where we, as humans, can apply logic from time to time. :)
Well said! We have a Congress and the Senate who can't get anything done.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I'd like to know what she was studying- if she got anything from her education, it should have been able to prevent homelessness. If she never worked before college, shame on her and her parents.

I know people who never went to college and make great money- it's a matter of having marketable job skills and the interpersonal skills to work with others that makes someone a viable candidate, as well as their being motivated.

Contraception works. Well, it could have, if it had been used.
That was my point, where not getting her whole story, like you said, did she work? How did she support herself and her child before she became homeless? Things happen to good people all time that change their circumstances did she get laid off, did she get hurt on the job. A lot are her choices in life that got her where she is today maybe? But yeah the IRS could care less if she has a child and living out on the streets, all they want is the money.

highfigh

highfigh

Well said! We have a Congress and the Senate who can't get anything done.
They want power. They can smell it and it's all they want.

Personally, and this comes from having a councilor who was as useful as a rock in a bag of hammers and a cousin who has been named 'Councilor of The Year' several times at the high school where she works, people need to choose a field of study that will get them a freaking job and they need to be flexible in what's available when they graduate. They may study one thing and end up with a great-paying job in a somewhat related but really, a different field. One of the guys I went to school with graduated with a 3.99 cumulative GPA in Architectural and Building Construction Technology degree, which taught everything needed- surveying, structural, building design, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Lighting & Acoustics, project management, materials and design- you name it, it was included. His first job was with P&H (formerly Harnischfeger), now owned by Komatsu, designing booms for cranes at more than double the pay of a newly minted architect. AFAIK, he has never spent a day as an architect and his pay has always been higher than average, but never in his field of study.

highfigh

highfigh

That was my point, where not getting her whole story, like you said, did she work? How did she support herself and her child before she became homeless? Things happen to good people all time that change their circumstances did she get laid off, did she get hurt on the job. A lot are her choices in life that got her where she is today maybe? But yeah the IRS could care less if she has a child and living out on the streets, all they want is the money.
If she was hurt on the job and it wasn't from her own carelessness, she should have gotten a decent settlement.

The IRS was weaponized and that needs to change.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis