UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

majorloser

majorloser

It might be more likely that Bernie is hedging his bets since Austin, XT is getting sued for using tax payers money to pay for the event.

The nice thing is the NJ race would be right after the Canadian race in June. If they did hold two races in the US, that would give us both a summer and late fall race. But I'm still not warm and fuzy about either race location. The Texas track is most likely going to be a lot of dust and dirt, but probably easier for getting around, not as large of a metro area with hopefully fewer people and good choices for places to stay. The New Jersey event is well, frickin' Joisey, definitely expensive, not as easy to get around the area, much larger metro area with chances of huge crowds and parking will be a premium.

Loserwife is from that area and has family there. So of course that's her choice of venues.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Major,

...considering the wifey's coming from that area, needless to say your fun will be for free, right?? :)

majorloser

majorloser

Major,

...considering the wifey's coming from that area, needless to say your fun will be for free, right?? :)
Uh, NOOOO.
I don't stay in anybody's home, especially relatives. Accomodations will be expensive up there and the area of the race is not really tourism friendly. Way too many people in a small area, lousy traffic/roads and expensive.

To be honest, the Canadian Grand Prix looks like a much nicer venue. At least it's located in a large "green area" and is well set up for race spectators. I'm really hoping the Texas track will turn out perfect for race attendees, but I also hope I'm going to win the lottery. Not very good odds. :(

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not a huge racing fan or whatever but it would definitely be cool to see a formula 1 race down in austin :D

majorloser

majorloser

I'm not a huge racing fan or whatever but it would definitely be cool to see a formula 1 race down in austin :D
I just hope they can come through and make the venue friendly for the fans. So far I'm a little skeptical. It would be nice if somebody would recon the track and the area to see how it's going. I'd rather travel to this track since I'd be willing to bring my RV and make a vacation out of it. Then it would be worth going to all the practice days, too.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Yeah,

that'll be indeed, another different story, but I bet everything's gonna be fine by the checkered-flag time, though :)

BTW, I totally agree with you that the Canadian GP is a whole lot better than a street course like it'll be happening in Joisey area, no doubt about it ;)

Last edited:
avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
... Once upon a time there was a darn skilled pilot named Vettel and he just said: I want it all... and he just got it... just like Queen's song, though.

Matter of fact, the guy is fantastic, to say the least and - MAYBE - perhaps, he'll give a hand to his mate Webber to be the second best, though;)

majorloser

majorloser

... Once upon a time there was a darn skilled pilot named Vettel and he just said: I want it all... and he just got it... just like Queen's song, though.

Matter of fact, the guy is fantastic, to say the least and - MAYBE - perhaps, he'll give a hand to his mate Webber to be the second best, though;)
Reminds me of another German driver. :rolleyes:

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Man, this thread has nosed dived since Vettel won the championship:D

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Guess who's the pole-sitter for the 14th time this year in Abu Dhabi??? :cool:;):p

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
Yeah, it does get a little old seeing the same guy pole/win race after race. Plus, does Hamilton's win really count if Seb retires due to a mechanical on the first lap? I suppose a win is a win but it's not like out-racing someone. At least during some of the Schumi years it wasn't a foregone conclusion so early. And those battles with Mika were something else.

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
The Iceman cometh--awesome! It's great to see him back in F1, I hope he does well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't understand how Hamilton/Button is being marked by the British commentators as great F1 drivers. Along comes Vettle and smokes them nearly every race and this guy is a newbie. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis