Two Tape Casette Decks On A Yamaha Rx-v750

U

Unregistered

I Currently Have An Old Stereo System (rcvr-sony Strv-1000 & Ar-91 (4-ohm) Speakers). I Have Decided To Get A New Multi-channel Rcvr, Most Likely The Yamaha Rx-v750. I Have Two Tape Decks, One Is Very Old But Has A Unique Feature Of "auto Repeat- Segment Play", Which Continuously Repeats Any Part Of A Tape. I Am A Musician And I Find This To Be A Valualbe Tool. Modern Tape Decks Do Not Have This Feature. I Also Have A Stackable (great) Sony Phono Deck, Dvd And A Vcr.

My Question: The Yamaha V750 Seems To Have Provisions For Only One Tape Deck Hookup (analog Recording Loop), But The I Think The Yamaha V750 Has Provisions For Two Vcr's. Since I Only Have One Vcr Can I Utilize The Analog Audio Portion Of Vcr-2 Connections For My 2nd Tape Deck?
Thank Y0u,
Sheldon

A

AVFriend

Audiophyte
Since I Only Have One Vcr Can I Utilize The Analog Audio Portion Of Vcr-2 Connections For My 2nd Tape Deck?

Sure you can. Any receiver that has video inputs commonly has loop outs as well. you would be hogging the input for your future video needs ( from your post that might be a Laser disc player perhaps? lol :D )

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
You could do as the person above said, or you can get an inexpensive graphic equalizer like the link below. It has two tape inputs and one set of outputs. You can dub in both directions or just use the equalizer for added boost to your system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3271&item=5719565476&rd=1

I have this equalizer. For a graphic there are none (well almost) better for the price. You can also use the spectrum analyzer portion independent of the equalizer and balance you system too.

My system can be viewed here:

http://www.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2380

U

Unregistered

THANKS - MUDCAT "TWO TAPE DECKS ON ONE AUDIO OUT LOOP"

Thanks Mudcat.. As You Advised, I Purchased The Bsr Equalizer (real Cheap) On Ebay. Now I Am Ready To Purch My Home Theatre Rcvr. While I'm Waiting For The Rcvr To Arrive, I Attached The Bsr Equalizer To My Old Stereo Rcvr. Wow!!, It Lights Up Like A Christmas Tree, Very Impressive Just Watching All The Lights.
Sheldon

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis