two subwoofers with Yam RXV-2500 receiver

L

listener-only

Audiophyte
Should I expect any specific problems [other than room-placement/acousitics] attaching two powered subwoofers to my rxv2500?
Should I just run a Y-cable into the single subwoofer input?
Anyone have a good idea how will the YPAO handle this set-up?

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
listener-only said:
Should I expect any specific problems [other than room-placement/acousitics] attaching two powered subwoofers to my rxv2500?
Should I just run a Y-cable into the single subwoofer input?
Anyone have a good idea how will the YPAO handle this set-up?
Two subs are better than one, YPAO correctly set the distance on mine. Remember though the auto eq only goes down 63hz so it will not do much to the subs as far as eq'ing goes. And yes a Y-cable is the way to do it.

You will want to read this http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/loudspeakers/SubwooferplacementP1.php

As you will see here I have two in opposite corners with an RXV2600. Two subs solves a lot of issues with bass response through the listening area.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21058

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
I have two subs that I run on my Yamaha 2500. My subs are located symmetrically in the room and are equal distance to the listening position. I am not sure how you would handle distance settings if they are not equal distance. I run a single sub out to a Y that goes into my BFD and have seperate cables from there to each sub, you could just as easily put a Y at the sub out and seperate cables to your subs that way. If your having to use runs longer than 12 feet you could do like I did and just go to your closest electronics supplier and get RG6 video cables as they work just as good. I use a Y splitter at each sub to activate the auto on at lower levels easier. Another thing to note is that in my experience the Yamaha 2500 does not set phase on the sub(s) correctly and it needs to be checked/set manually.

Last edited:
V

Vigor

Junior Audioholic
fergusonv said:
I have two subs that I run on my Yamaha 2500. My subs are located symmetrically in the room and are equal distance to the listening position. I am not sure how you would handle distance settings if they are not equal distance. I run a single sub out to a Y that goes into my BFD and have seperate cables from there to each sub, you could just as easily put a Y at the sub out and seperate cables to your subs that way. If your having to use runs longer than 12 feet you could do like I did and just go to your closest electronics supplier and get RG6 video cables as they work just as good. I use a Y splitter at each sub to activate the auto on at lower levels easier. Another thing to note is that in my experience the Yamaha 2500 does not set phase on the sub(s) correctly and it needs to be checked/set manually.
What is BFD ????

A

AAD

Audioholic Intern
I have an issue that is somewhat related...I have both a powered sub and bass shakers connected, through a sub plate amp, via a Y-adapter to the sub out on my older Yamaha receiver. With the equipment on and no source playing I am getting a low level hum through my powered sub. I have tried reversing the phase on the sub amps with no help. If I remove the Y-adapter and connect just the powered sub I have no problem. Any thoughts???

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
Do a search for gound loop on this site. Sounds like your amps are not sharing a common ground.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis