Two New Nvidia ShieldTV Streamers Reported To Be Coming

clamatowas

clamatowas

Junior Audioholic
Nvidia is really good at AI upscaling this due do it's background in Gaming.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sure, it's a top dog TV, but how likely are they to support the apps you want for an extended period of time? I just want my TV to show a nice picture, I can get all the apps I want somewhere else, likely with a better interface and more long term support. I hardly ever even touch my TV remote anymore. Maybe once every few months I'll drag it out from hiding to tweak some display settings.
Well, Sony TVs are a bit different. They run Android TV just like the shield and in my house is the ONLY TV that doesn't have a shield TV hooked up to it.

Is it as fast as the Shield? No, but my TV is older so the newer OLED may have a better SOC than the shield (probably not) so IMHO if i were to buy a new OLED Sony, I'd use the built in Android TV and if it annoyed me for being slow or apps crashing, then I'd get a Shield TV for it. If it was fast and didn't have issues, no need to fix what isn't broke.

Now, if you want uncompressed HD audio (Dolby TrueHD/Atmos, DTS--HD/X) then the TV won't do that unless it has eARC. In that case, I'd skip the built in Android TV and just get a Shield TV and be done with it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis