Two different subs running

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Anyone here ever run two entirely different subs as a dual set up.? I was sitting here yesterday listening and pondering my new subs purchase, when I realized. I have an extra SVA sub sitting here as a coffee table. Why not hook it up with the Outlaw Sub and see what happens. Thoughts

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Thanks. I will be adding dual subs to my two channel set up. I was curious about running one SVS sub and one Outlaw X12 sub. Both are 12in subs. One is sealed. One is ported. To me the Outlaw our performs the SVS when running alone. I’m curious about trying both as a 2.2 set up.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They might play OK together, maybe. I would measure the effects to be sure. The SVS sub would mostly only be good for shoring up dips in mid-bass in a system like that. It won't meaningfully contribute deep bass compared to the Outlaw. The problem is that the phase of the SVS subs will be in opposite phase of the Outlaw sub at port generated output. What model SVS sub is it? many of the newer ones have high pass filters that can avoid this phase conflict.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis