TV riser blocks stands

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
This may be a little bit of a strange request for info. I have a large entertainment center where my 55in TV sits on it's normal TV stand or legs. These are the Y-tYPE legs that attache to the very outer bottom of the TV. I am adding a center channel and need to raise the TV about 5 inches. I have searched and can not find anything that I could use to raise the TV up. I could custom build something or use a few wood blocks, but I know my wife wants it to look good. Any suggestions out there?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This may be a little bit of a strange request for info. I have a large entertainment center where my 55in TV sits on it's normal TV stand or legs. These are the Y-tYPE legs that attache to the very outer bottom of the TV. I am adding a center channel and need to raise the TV about 5 inches. I have searched and can not find anything that I could use to raise the TV up. I could custom build something or use a few wood blocks, but I know my wife wants it to look good. Any suggestions out there?
What kind of cabinet do you have? If it has a frame around the back (most won't) or you can add a bit of material to make the top and bottom panels, I have seen one that attaches to the rear of a cabinet, but it may not be as far forward as you want. The price was $99.95. Haven't been able to find it online, but I know they're out there. The center channel could fit under the TV and it wouldn't be unstable, like wooden blocks are.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I have been using this:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W9TVJ0/

It is a little tacky of course but I didn't feel like building anything myself. I didn't attach the swivel part either. Since your tv legs attach at the opposite ends of the tv I don't think it will work for you unfortunately. Maybe you can stick another piece of wood on it :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks. But that won't work. We have a very large wall unit with bookshelves etc. The tv area will fit up to a 65 in flat screen. The depth of the cabinet in only about 20 inches. So I would need something shallow. I found these just now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013PKPP24/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3W3STWCK1O3NR
I built me some platforms. Nothing fancy, then I painted them black to match my decor. Here are a few pics for you:

upload_2017-1-25_9-22-40.png

upload_2017-1-25_9-23-28.png

upload_2017-1-25_9-24-14.png

Keep in mind that I am no carpenter. But, I think that is look decent. At least, for my needs anyways.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Thanks. That's close to what I was thinking of doing myself.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks. That's close to what I was thinking of doing myself.
Like I said, it is nothing fancy. But, it looks decent enough for my needs. A few of my neighbors really like how it looks. I got the idea from forum member Pogre and rolled w/it. Good luck to you!

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis