TV has no inputs + Denon 1905 = ?

A

akwizeguy

Audiophyte
I recently purchased a Denon AVR-1905 Reciever. Now My TV is relatively an older set and all the outputs it has is the RF Coaxial. Now how can I get the best picture quality? I looked into the Monster Cable RF Modulator box, will this compromise any quality? I just need to figure this out, and I dont have enough funds to get a new TV together. Any suggestions?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sigh.... RF modulated video is about as piss-poor as video quality can possibly be. DVD and digital cable will be severely affected for quality by running the video modulated into the TV.

If you don't have a DVD player, but just have a VCR/Cable, then hook the VCR and cable directly up to the TV via the coax. Then take the audio out of the VCR & cable box and run it into the receiver.

If you have a DVD player... well... Really, REALLY, time for a new tv that has at least the yellow RCA jack in the back.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, you'e gonna need some sort of RF modulator.

RatShack sells 'em and they aren't any worse then the Monstor* variety, although probably cheaper.

And yes, it will affect the ultimate picture quality somewhat but it'll be a lot less than NOT using one at all. It's not like you have much choice here.

*I know.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis