TV Glare, what can I do?

T

t3ch

Audiophyte
Any suggestions on how I could reduce/eliminate TV glare without using blackout blinds?

20230530_133619.jpg

20230429_084302.jpg

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
No real solution. You can't get rid of glare on a TV and it looks like the one you have already has some glare reduction applied to the surface to help diffuse the glare. I think there are some additional diffuser filters available out there, but once again, it diffuses the glare, it won't eliminate it.

Curtains are always one of the better solutions to deal with glare. You can use light filtering versions to cut light, but the reality remains that dark scenes, during the day, have been, and always will be, problematic.

You can rotate the TV some so that it is pointed more towards the viewer, rather than the windows. Get them out of the line of sight as an option as well.

No perfect solutions unfortunately. This is something I deal with in my family room as we have a lot of windows to deal with. Mostly, we try to watch brighter TV shows during the day where reflections in the TV don't impact the image nearly as much. If we watch something with darker scenes in it, then we sometimes retreat to the basement which is fully light controlled.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cheap Amazon Black curtains did the trick for me. You can also try black blinds.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Got to be black out curtains ($40) , or shutters or black out blinds. All on Amazon. Nothing else is going to prevent it, unless you move your system to another room without windows.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mount the TV higher, it looks a bit too low as it is, and angle it down slightly. This will reduce the amount of direct reflection. It won't get rid of it though.

Curtains is probably the best bet.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Nice looking infinity primus speakers. I have a pair of P363s myself. Curious if the sound is a bit bright in that room especially with the grills off. Agree with many here that dark curtains would work as well as perhaps toning down the treble output of the speakers. Just a thought and good luck!

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I have this issue during the summer, between the longer days and the sun angle. I put an inside mount blackout roller shade. That way you don't notice it when it's rolled up and you don't need it.

In your situation outside mount roller blinds would work.

Those were the first ones that showed up. I went with a cordless model.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sit more to the left side and see if that helps. Otherwise, shades or curtains.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The one I use in the "lighter" room has a filter coating on the screen. Any options in that regard? Or best to just cut down on light?

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
Why ask for help if you aren't prepared to solve the issue with the most simplest solution?

Move the tv to another room is the alternative.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wear glasses with anti-glare coating :)

Frosted windows won't solve the issue, the light is the issue and even frosted, it will still be there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis