G

greystoke

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>???Hi all! Is there a forum for Turntable equipment and associated gear on this site?
Thanx, A newbie
Greystoke</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>http://www.nakedresource.com/news.shtml

try this and also check out www.audiokarma.com they have a good vinyl and TT forum there.</font>

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
greystoke : <font color='#000000'>Is there a forum for Turntable equipment and associated gear on this site?</font>
<font color='#000000'>
I'm fairly new gear also. I have seen no indication that there is any interest in TT's and accessories. Along with Yamahaluver's suggestio you could check out www.audioreview.com and www.audioasylum.com. They both have extensive analog coverage. I will advise that audioreview.com seems to have been taken over by strict objectivists. They deny the differences that capacitors and resistors can make in a system. Don't even try to suggest that cables can sound different. You will receive an avalanche of vitriol all referring to DBT. Audio asylum can be just as bad but there are a lot of subjectivists there so it balances out.

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000080'>The funny thing is that it is my opinion both camps are wrong... You CAN hear differences in some cables. The problem is you should know what is causing that difference.

Lots of these esoteric cables are really just wreaking havok on the signal though crazy amounts of inductance, as shown by our first cable face-off article. You'll hear a difference all-right, but not one due to a superior cable.</font>

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>You CAN hear differences in some cables.</font>
<font color='#000000'>I think you are correct. Some of the strange inductance values may just cause some amps to act in peculiar ways That will certainly make the amplifier sound different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis