Turntable sound problem

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
You might want to read my post again, since I did not say that the G and GR did not have a VTA feature. The G and GR have a 3mm mat, not 6mm mat of earlier models; thus, an M44 will need a 2mm shim to work on a G or GR whereby the VTA feature will be set at ZERO. At any rate, we do not know what version of the 1200 the OP has, may be an earlier version with 6mm mat and thus no need to shim an M44; but, whatever version, it's clear the OP is too inept to glean any information from any here that he could use to get satisfaction from his turntable. After all, the guy appears to not have even had a thought about just downloading the manual. Also, have you seen the market price of M44's these days, 30% higher than the cost of an Ortofon 2M Blue. It's a wonder that anyone would want one even for DJ use. And one more thing, the OP made 3 responses to his initial post before anyone came to his aid. Reading those posts makes me regret posting any advise because it appears I was responding to someone who was drunk or high, not deserving the steam off my piss.
Instructing someone to read again is insulting. Very often it happens that the one instructing should do the reading. To make certain we're not talking about different things, I'll avoid VTA abbreviation and say it like this; many serious TTs have a possibility of adjusting the height of tone arme (the height of the entire tone arm done at the anchorage where you unscrew a certain screw to raise it and screw it in to lower it) this would render the shim useless and the thickness of the mat unimportant.

My question expressed wonder and disbelief that an expensive TTs like GR and G Technics lacked this feature.

Also, I wrote IN MY PARTS you can buy 2 M44 (cart and stylus) for a PnP Ortofon Blue (cart, stylus and a dedicated headshell).

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Instructing someone to read again is insulting. Very often it happens that the one instructing should do the reading. To make certain we're not talking about different things, I'll avoid VTA abbreviation and say it like this; many serious TTs have a possibility of adjusting the height of tone arme (the height of the entire tone arm done at the anchorage where you unscrew a certain screw to raise it and screw it in to lower it) this would render the shim useless and the thickness of the mat unimportant.

My question expressed wonder and disbelief that an expensive TTs like GR and G Technics lacked this feature.

Also, I wrote IN MY PARTS you can buy 2 M44 (cart and stylus) for a PnP Ortofon Blue (cart, stylus and a dedicated headshell).
We're not talking about "many serious TT"s", the discussion is about ONE, an SL-1200, which in any version has adjustable VTA. Your wonder and disbelief is therefore misplaced, as well as your regard to my post being an insult to you. This is a fun hobbyist forum about a mostly meaningless topic so don't get your panties in a wad. In other words, lighten up Francis.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
We're not talking about "many serious TT"s", the discussion is about ONE, an SL-1200, which in any version has adjustable VTA. Your wonder and disbelief is therefore misplaced, as well as your regard to my post being an insult to you. This is a fun hobbyist forum about a mostly meaningless topic so don't get your panties in a wad. In other words, lighten up Francis.
I usually leave a lot of "headroom" for people in an on line communication. Since I'm a professor in linguistics, I'm aware of the fact that forums do not convey conversations in a satisfactory manner. So I still think that you're maybe not even closely as twaty as your posts made you look.

OTOH, to see that I need a third post to make you understand such a simple question is rapidly shrinking the said "headroom" and dimwitts like Alex awarding your posts medals are not helping, of course.

Now, this here:
This cartridge required a 2mm shim to make it compatible with my Technics SL-1210GR's VTR adjustment feature.
is a quote where you Shirely said you're using a small piece of plastic on your GR, a 1699$ TT that, by what you said, needs some plastic cut-outs.

That is by any measure enough for wonder and disbelief.

But please, feel free to be exempted of any further clarifications as I won't be reading them. Don't take that personaly, but after not understanding such a simple question, I would never pick you to explain anything to me.

I'll find my answer on my own.

S

sterling shoote

I usually leave a lot of "headroom" for people in an on line communication. Since I'm a professor in linguistics, I'm aware of the fact that forums do not convey conversations in a satisfactory manner. So I still think that you're maybe not even closely as twaty as your posts made you look.

OTOH, to see that I need a third post to make you understand such a simple question is rapidly shrinking the said "headroom" and dimwitts like Alex awarding your posts medals are not helping, of course.

Now, this here:
is a quote where you Shirely said you're using a small piece of plastic on your GR, a 1699$ TT that, by what you said, needs some plastic cut-outs.

That is by any measure enough for wonder and disbelief.

But please, feel free to be exempted of any further clarifications as I won't be reading them. Don't take that personaly, but after not understanding such a simple question, I would never pick you to explain anything to me.

I'll find my answer on my own.
Good luck on finding answers on your own, it appears from your posts that has eluded you. And how does a professor of linguistics misspell "surely"? Now, that's something to wonder or have disbelief about.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

https://www.amazon.com/Shure-M44-7-Standard-Turntable-Cartridge/dp/B00008W2LW/ref=pd_rhf_eeolp_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q9E773SW07MAH0W4B080

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis