Turntable HELP Needed

D

dadriver

Audioholic Intern
TT is Denon Dp-45f. All of sudden, towards the last 1/4” of the album, any album I play seems to hit a scratch and not able to complete play. I’ve tried several albums and it seems to be in the general same area on every album. The only thing I can think of is that the counter weight on the tone arm is off. My adjustments is making it worse. After last adjustment I am hitting the “scratch” in the beginning of the album. Is the weight the real issue here or potentially a different problem? Please help!!! :eek:

Last edited:
D

dadriver

Audioholic Intern
TT is Denon Dp-45f. All of sudden, towards the last 1/4” of the album, any album I play seems to hit a scratch and not able to complete play. I’ve tried several albums and it seems to be in the general same area on every album. The only thing I can think of is that the counter weight on the tone arm is off. My adjustments is making it worse. After last adjustment I am hitting the “scratch” in the beginning of the album. Is the weight the real issue here or potentially a different problem? Please help!!! :eek:
Since I don’t have the owner’s manual and my go to source for getting a manual isn’t allowing me to login I was flying blind on this issue. Anyway, figured out the step that was missing in balancing the tone arm. All seems to be back to normal now except for 1 album. I guess that album is dead now! Strange issue. Never encountered this before with a tone arm.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This model should have a 'Zero Balance' button because the tonearm is electronically controlled. It also has an anti-skate setting, which is also managed by the tonearm's control board circuitry. The turntable has sensors for the tonearm's position/rate of movement, speed and size of the record. The tonearm bearing may be a bit sticky, especially if this turntable sat unused for a long time. You may need to clean the pivot or move it through its range several times, to see if it becomes free of restriction.

Go to www.vinylengine.com for a manual- they have user and service manuals.

D

dadriver

Audioholic Intern
This model should have a 'Zero Balance' button because the tonearm is electronically controlled. It also has an anti-skate setting, which is also managed by the tonearm's control board circuitry. The turntable has sensors for the tonearm's position/rate of movement, speed and size of the record. The tonearm bearing may be a bit sticky, especially if this turntable sat unused for a long time. You may need to clean the pivot or move it through its range several times, to see if it becomes free of restriction.

Go to www.vinylengine.com for a manual- they have user and service manuals.
Thanks! VinylEngine isn’t letting me login to download manuals even though I was able to reset password via the email they sent to do so.

I’ve had this TT for a while. Not why this issue popped up. Anyway, powering it off releases it from its electrical setting and then I could easily see how off balanced it was. From there it was easy to adjust, as any TT. All seems better now, including sound quality.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks! VinylEngine isn’t letting me login to download manuals even though I was able to reset password via the email they sent to do so.

I’ve had this TT for a while. Not why this issue popped up. Anyway, powering it off releases it from its electrical setting and then I could easily see how off balanced it was. From there it was easy to adjust, as any TT. All seems better now, including sound quality.
My turntable is a Sony and has a similar arm system- it sat for a long time and sometimes, the light for the record size doesn't illuminate, sometimes the tonearm control doesn't work, so I press the power button repeatedly when I turn it on, repeatedly press the Zero Balance button and move the tonearm past the area at the label where the controller senses where the tonearm is. One of these days, I'll open it and clean the switches.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis