F

frank2532

Enthusiast
Hello Again,
I am looking to add a turntable to my setup and hoping for some input. After reading a lot of reviews l'm leaning towards the Audio Technica AT-LP120.

Rega and Pro-ject turntables have a lot of positive reviews but I only like the style of the classic line Pro-ject which is over budget and all the Regas are over budget.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? My budget is $250-$400 and I will connecting it to a Yahama RX-A840.

Thanks
Frank

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Hello Again,
I am looking to add a turntable to my setup and hoping for some input. After reading a lot of reviews l'm leaning towards the Audio Technica AT-LP120.

Rega and Pro-ject turntables have a lot of positive reviews but I only like the style of the classic line Pro-ject which is over budget and all the Regas are over budget.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? My budget is $250-$400 and I will connecting it to a Yahama RX-A840.

Thanks
Frank
U Turn Audio Orbit - I picked one up a few months ago and it's a great table. I can't compare it to anything but it sounds quite good in the Basic form that I have. They have killer customer service and the Orbit is American made with parts sourced in the US as well. Only exceptions are some of the cartridges are built outside the US.

Just a heads up there was a review in The Wirecutter that had speed issues with the multiple Orbit's they received. Apparently there was a bad batch of parts and this was dealt with quickly, the part was also redesigned to prevent this problem from happening again.

http://uturnaudio.com/

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
I just set up my new Teac TN-300 (yes Teac) and enjoying The Beatles Revolver as we speak. Great turntable, with very good reviews. Seems well built and comes with respectable cartridge. I got the natural color, but the cherry is quite nice as well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just set up my new Teac TN-300 (yes Teac) and enjoying The Beatles Revolver as we speak. Great turntable, with very good reviews. Seems well built and comes with respectable cartridge. I got the natural color, but the cherry is quite nice as well.
Congrats and happy spinning :)

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Have you thought about going vintage? There are some great TT out there in your price range if you just look around some on CL or Ebay..

F

frank2532

Enthusiast
Hello Again,

Thanks
Frank

F

frank2532

Enthusiast
Thanks for all the suggestions. I was just taking to my wife and she told me to stop looking for turntables which leads me to believe that she got me the audio technica for Xmas. Thanks for your input, I'm sure I'll be back once I get the itch to add another component to my system.
Thanks
Frank

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis