"Tuning in" your sub

B

baggyman

Enthusiast
Can anyone direct me in the right direction in getting the best sound out of my speakers and sub? I think things sound good at this point but was wondering if it is just because i have been listening to a 20w $30 bookshelf for so long. I have the analog SPL but have no idea what the heck to do with it. Also, and i know this is a lame question, but Why does your volume dial start out at like - 25 the go up?

sorry for the lame questions just need a bit pointing in the right direction.

I have the following:

Paradigm Studios
60's for the front
cc570 for my main
adp 470 rears
svs psb12/2 for my sub

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Search the forums for 'reference level' and 'calibration' for details on how to use the SPL meter to calibrate your system.

The volume scale with negative numbers is known as the 'relative' scale. -25 on the scale is relative to zero (ie 25 dB below whatever level is represented by zero when you did the calibration). Typically you calibrate so that 0 on the volume scale results in Dolby Reference Level and each volume setting below 0 is -X dB below that level. Search for the thread titled 'These Go to Eleven' for the detailed answer.

Matt34

Matt34

baggyman said:
Can anyone direct me in the right direction in getting the best sound out of my speakers and sub? I think things sound good at this point but was wondering if it is just because i have been listening to a 20w $30 bookshelf for so long. I have the analog SPL but have no idea what the heck to do with it. Also, and i know this is a lame question, but Why does your volume dial start out at like - 25 the go up?

sorry for the lame questions just need a bit pointing in the right direction.

I have the following:

Paradigm Studios
60's for the front
cc570 for my main
adp 470 rears
svs psb12/2 for my sub
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/index.php

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers