Trump Lawyer Lin Wood Investigated Over Possible Illegal Voting

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
My first thought was "Isn't it ironic?"

On second thought, perhaps this guy is an accidental genius of sorts because he was generating evidence to support his case?

Also, according to NPR:

>>>In one suit about the Georgia results [Wood] . . . accidentally wrote that the lawsuit was filed under "plenty" of perjury instead of "penalty," and attempted to push debunked claims of fraud all the way to the Supreme Court.<<<

Perhaps this wasn't an accident? If one says it's perjury, is it really perjury?

The above is tongue in cheek, and the author hereby disclaims liability for any mental suffering that may result from reading this lame attempt at humor.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
My first thought was "Isn't it ironic?"

On second thought, perhaps this guy is an accidental genius of sorts because he was generating evidence to support his case?

Also, according to NPR:

>>>In one suit about the Georgia results [Wood] . . . accidentally wrote that the lawsuit was filed under "plenty" of perjury instead of "penalty," and attempted to push debunked claims of fraud all the way to the Supreme Court.<<<

Perhaps this wasn't an accident? If one says it's perjury, is it really perjury?

The above is tongue in cheek, and the author hereby disclaims liability for any mental suffering that may result from reading this lame attempt at humor.

IMO, he's losing his time.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It is not lost on me that all known instances of voter fraud... at least what I'm aware of... has been perpetrated by those voting for Trump in the last two elections.
It would only be icing on the cake that one of Trump's lawyers was also responsible for an act of fraud.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Wood threw in the towel and gave up his law license.

>>>Attorney Lin Wood, who filed legal challenges seeking to overturn Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss, is relinquishing his law license, electing to retire from practicing rather than face possible disbarment. Multiple states have weighed disciplining him for pushing Trump’s false claims that he defeated Joe Biden.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in his home state of Georgia to “retire” his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me.” In the request, made in a letter and posted on his Telegram account, Wood acknowledges that he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission.”<<<

https://apnews.com/article/lin-wood-donald-trump-lawyer-e7a926bf24d3c846296c62448c2395f9

Also, Rule 11 sanctions against Wood were recently upheld on appeal. Rule 11 sanctions are serious and they permanently taint a lawyer's reputation.

>>>But the 6th Circuit kept the sanction against Wood as to the Detroit defendants, noting that he claimed in a Delaware court filing that he represented the Michigan plaintiffs, and that he tweeted about the case. In addition, Powell said she asked Wood’s permission to put his name on the case, and Rohl said Wood “spearheaded” the suit. But the state defendants didn’t seek sanctions against Wood, so the appeals court said he wasn’t liable for that sanction.

In upholding sanctions against Powell and the other five lawyers, the appeals court said the defendants in the suit gave the lawyers a chance to abandon their frivolous claims, but they did not take advantage of the opportunity. Because they didn’t, the 6th Circuit said, it was upholding many of the sanctions against them under Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.<<<

As noted in the ABA article, the judge who authored the 6th Circuit opinion was on Trump's short list for the U.S. Supreme Court. In other words, the judge is clearly not a flaming liberal of some sort.

>>>The author of the opinion was Judge Raymond Kethledge, who was said to be on Trump’s U.S. Supreme Court short list.<<<

wafflesstorm

wafflesstorm

Audiophyte
It looks like Wood threw in the towel and gave up his law license.

>>>Attorney Lin Wood, who filed legal challenges seeking to overturn Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss, is relinquishing his law license, electing to retire from practicing rather than face possible disbarment. Multiple states have weighed disciplining him for pushing Trump’s false claims that he defeated Joe Biden.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in his home state of Georgia to “retire” his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me.” In the request, made in a letter and posted on his Telegram account, Wood acknowledges that he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission.”<<<

Also, Rule 11 sanctions against Wood were recently upheld on appeal. Rule 11 sanctions are serious and they permanently taint a lawyer's reputation.

>>>But the 6th Circuit kept the sanction against Wood as to the Detroit defendants, noting that he claimed in a Delaware court filing that he represented the Michigan plaintiffs, and that he tweeted about the case. In addition, Powell said she asked Wood’s permission to put his name on the case, and Rohl said Wood “spearheaded” the suit. But the state defendants didn’t seek sanctions against Wood, so the appeals court said he wasn’t liable for that sanction.
As a law student, I find this story very interesting. I want to note that the https://essays.edubirdie.com/law-essay-writing website does excellent work on law, I sometimes use their services. I think I will ask them to write an analysis of this story for my next dissertation.

In upholding sanctions against Powell and the other five lawyers, the appeals court said the defendants in the suit gave the lawyers a chance to abandon their frivolous claims, but they did not take advantage of the opportunity. Because they didn’t, the 6th Circuit said, it was upholding many of the sanctions against them under Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.<<<

As noted in the ABA article, the judge who authored the 6th Circuit opinion was on Trump's short list for the U.S. Supreme Court. In other words, the judge is clearly not a flaming liberal of some sort.

>>>The author of the opinion was Judge Raymond Kethledge, who was said to be on Trump’s U.S. Supreme Court short list.<<<
Great news. He deserved to enter the courtroom only as an accused and never again as a lawyer.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is the end of the line for Powell and Woods in their efforts to avoid the sanctions based on the frivolous lawsuit they filed in Michigan in 2020.

>>>The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to undo sanctions against several lawyers allied with former President Trump for filing a meritless lawsuit challenging Michigan’s 2020 presidential election results. . . .

“Sanctions are required to deter the filing of future frivolous lawsuits designed primarily to spread the narrative that our election processes are rigged and our democratic institutions cannot be trusted,” Parker wrote in the 110-page opinion.

The Trump lawyers were ordered to pay back attorneys’ fees accumulated by Michigan state officials and Detroit in seeking the sanctions — and to take legal education classes. Parker also referred her decision to disciplinary authorities where each attorney is admitted for “investigation and possible suspension or disbarment.”<<<

Powell dodged a bullet in a prior ethics investigation in Texas, but she may still face discipline after pleading guilty in the Georgia case.

The defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion is also still pending. Here's the latest order:

>>>MINUTE ORDER. It is ORDERED that this matter be referred to Magistrate Judge Upadhyaya for resolution of all discovery disputes. So ORDERED by Judge Carl J. Nichols on January 31, 2024. (lccjn2).<<<

The Dominion case is presently mired in discovery disputes (protracted discovery battles are common in civil cases with large damages at stake)(the complaint asks for about $1.3 billion in damages plus attorney fees).

Fortunately for Powell, being super-nutty is not (by itself) a crime.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis