Troubleshooting Advice - Yamaha RX-V675

lynxfire

lynxfire

Audiophyte
Hi all, new guy here, was hoping hear if there is anything else I can do for troubleshooting for my Yamaha receiver. I've had it for a few years, today the screen on the TV went fuzzy and green. The image of the Playstation the kids were playing was visible in the background, but washed out and nearly completely green. Swapped some cabled, changed inputs on TV and receiver, confirmed the TV, playstation and cable seemd to work just fine (when the playstation was directly connected to the TV with the same cable everything worked, plus the other device plugged into the receiver in the other HDMI in slot had the same image issue when viewed on the TV). So, not really that knowledgeable about receiver troubleshooting in general, but based on logic I'd assume its an issue in the image processing or output HDMI port? Anything I could do to possible try to self-repair on this one?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Step#1 is to do a hard reset. Try Googling how to hard reset for your model.

Also leave the AVR unplugged a few hours after reset.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
or maybe check your HDMI cable going to your tv it may have a issue maybe Swap out HDMI cable to your tv

lynxfire

lynxfire

Audiophyte
Thanks I'll try the hard reset first, had to look up the instructions but will do so when I get home today. I did try a different HDMI cable with the same results, and the same cable worked just fine when I used it to bypass the receiver and connect the playstation and TV directly, so I don't think its the issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your avr manual has a troubleshooting section I'd think. Check your connections carefully, perhaps start with nothing connected and slowly add connections until a problem is apparent (don't add connections while powered up is a good general precaution).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More than likely the limit of what you can do for yourself unless you're a qualified electronics tech but then you wouldn't be asking.... :) Still under warranty?

lynxfire

lynxfire

Audiophyte
Nah, 2 year warranty, bought 5.5 years ago, but i'll contact them in case they can do anything. If not, any suggestions on a replacement? My current one doesn't have bluetooth or 4k support, which would be nice to have. Just running a 5.1 system right now, nothing too crazy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm partial to Denons these days but a good sale can be persuasive. Accessories4less.com if you don't mind the limitations/risk.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis