D

Dikneighbor

Audiophyte
Hello. I’m new and in need of a little advice. I love in a very quiet for 20 years. This guy builds a house right on top of me and throws crazy parties 2-3 a week. Almost every week!!! I’ve tried to reason with him and he told me to F**k off.
so now I want to send him a message and blast some death metal.
i know nothing about sound. I bought a monster blaster but it just isn’t loud enough outside. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
First I'd go to the local laws/enforcement. If you don't have any, moving would be my next thought. If you really want an audio war, your other neighbors will likely suffer as much as anyone. Some folk like death metal, too and would just think you're awesome for blaring it at high volume. Then there are guns....

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
So now you intend to act in the same way as your next door neighbor. That's really not that bright. You say you've tried to talk to him, without any success. So contact your local police force and get them to pay him a visit . Then contact your local chamber magistrate, for advice and get them to issue a noise abatement restraining order. Also report you have seen your Doctor, as due to the noise your unable to sleep and it's affecting your health Contact your local council and inquire if they have a permit for a music event, Have they submitted a traffic plan, do they have ample on site parking. Enough toilets, someone trained in First Aid, yudda,yudda,yudda. You can really pile it on.. But most importantly BE NICE. There new to the area and apart from being stupid , Don't understand how normal people like to live. So smile and be extra nice, and deny any reports you haven't made. Must have been someone else ??

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Turn about is not fair play anymore. Asking didn't work. You have other people in your home? How did he build a house right on top of you? I don't understand that? Next to you? Record what you can and keep your mouth shut for now. The guy will wonder WHY you are quiet. Who cares.

Then go see the local PD. It's really not your job and if it's bad for you it's probably bad for the rest of the neighbors. Maybe ask around but keep your intentions to yourself, for now.. I'm more of a "blitzkrieg" kind of guy after reasoning fails. BUT let the Local PD do the heavy lifting.. It's their job.. If you get them on YOUR side your a lot better off. After that Parts Express and no down body armor. Maybe a flair gun like in the movies.. 15 should do the trick.. :) Your gonna get 50 years so go big.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Further to me good advice, when you see him wish him well and tell him you heard that someone had reported him for loud music playing,, and was it correct.
Just remember the golden rule,, ""you can always blame someone else""

D

Dikneighbor

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the civic advice and recommendations. But I came to this site for a specific reason. Can anyone suggest equipment for the job?
To answer few questions; before this jerk built my nearest neighbor was several hundred feet away. It very rural here.
I have called the police. Many of them are friends of mine. Because no other neighbors are in ear shot they aren’t likely to do anything and have suggested we try to work it out. Which is b the reason for the speaker….. to bring mr jerk to the ‘negotiation table’. So again, thanks for the other advice and tips but please suggest what I need. Thanks

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You want loud, go with Cerwin Vega or Klipsch.. CV's tend to go much cheaper on the used market.

Get an older used AVR with 125 watts/channel or more for cheap, and you have a raucous "party" system for probably under 500 dollars.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nah, if you want loud, rent a PA system for a band with bass bins.

However, the way you describe the situation, it seems, to me that this is a rural area and that may not go well.

highfigh

highfigh

You want loud, go with Cerwin Vega or Klipsch.. CV's tend to go much cheaper on the used market.

Get an older used AVR with 125 watts/channel or more for cheap, and you have a raucous "party" system for probably under 500 dollars.
125 W consumer equipment is nowhere near the power needed- in my past post, the PA I was referring to would be over 1000 W. THAT will get their attention.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
But I came to this site for a specific reason. Can anyone suggest equipment for the job?
So you want to be a jerk like your next door neighbor, If you can't beat him, you deserve each other.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Bro, be careful with something like that. Crazy neighbors have been known to kill each other over thing's like that. There's a tv show of that very same thing. I watch it some. One episode, was where these two neighbors went at it for a time and the older couple that was there before for a long time had this noisy unruly neighbors move next to them. Well long story short, the old dude after calling the cops, talking time and again to work something out just decided to go over there and he shot his neighbor dead. Now he's in prison. Best of luck man.

highfigh

highfigh

Hello. I’m new and in need of a little advice. I love in a very quiet for 20 years. This guy builds a house right on top of me and throws crazy parties 2-3 a week. Almost every week!!! I’ve tried to reason with him and he told me to F**k off.
i know nothing about sound. I bought a monster blaster but it just isn’t loud enough outside. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
How far do you want this to go? Do your back & forth and it's likely to become a situation that can't be reversed.

Just rent a bulldozer, tear his house down and be done with it. Go ahead and play your death metal if it makes you happy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You need friends who are in a Death Metal band :) Invite them over for a gig.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Sound proof your home. Noise cancelling drapes and whatnot for when you absolutely must have peace. I am in the same situation. I have what amounts to PA capabilities and I could give him a real blast (I'd choose Reggae, or funk) but I can drown him out by simply listening to my own system indoors. Is how I cancel out things like fireworks on the 4th from disturbing my pets, as well.

So, the right brain thought on this matter would say instead, to set yourself up with an indoor dream system and get lost in your own music. Killer mains and a pair of subs at the least.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis