Trivia Question re: 1972 top 100 pop songs

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Two Badfinger songs are on this list. One is at number 40. What is the other Badfinger song on this list?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
So anyways, do you want a hint or shall I just tell ya the answer? You may be shocked and stunned or you may not be.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Am I right?
"No Matter What" was a 1970 hit by Badfinger. Great song. My question was: what other song on this 1972 list besides number 40 was a Badfinger song. It was a bit of a trick question because Badfinger is only listed once on the list. The answer is number 3, Harry Nilsson's great "Without You" which was written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans of Badfinger and appears on the 1970 Badfinger LP "No Dice".
"Without You" was also covered by Mariah Carry. Her version was really just a cover of Harry's version and should be relegated to a mere mention in a Wikipedia article about the song.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
"No Matter What" was a 1970 hit by Badfinger. Great song. My question was: what other song on this 1972 list besides number 40 was a Badfinger song. It was a bit of a trick question because Badfinger is only listed once on the list. The answer is number 3, Harry Nilsson's great "Without You" which was written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans of Badfinger and appears on the 1970 Badfinger LP "No Dice".
I really liked without you back in the day. It was my girlfriend's favorite song back then. I haven't heard it in a long time. I'm gonna have to stream some Nilsson Schmilsson or dig through my cds to see if I have it. Thanks for the memories. :)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Harry was definitely a hitmaker.
Put the Lime in the Coconut!
btw, I have both Nilsson Schmillson and Son of Schmilsson on double 45 rpm MoFi LP's. If you find an original pressing LP of NS, it also sounds quite great. Really does rival the Mofi to my ears.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis