Trinnov Waveforming Technology Explained with Arnaud Laborie

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a question I currently own 4 subwoofers in my theater room. 2 Rythmik FV18's and 2 RBH 1 1212PR and 1NR they're top of the line. Am I correct in reading they recommend the subs be off the floor? 2 of the subs are 160 lbs and 2 are 120 lbs. Yeesh! How would I even go about pulling that off?
I think this is if you are goin to use the active cancelling Eq. In that case the subs need to be at two heights at least. As far as I'm concerned if this is going to happen then it will require custom construction. This will pretty much have to involve in wall subs. You could easily use the TL design I have on my in wall system and have a number at both ends of the room, and the wall space would only be slightly deeper than normal. If anyone wants to experiment, I can send the plans, or even get them made up. The dimensions are in the C & C machine. I have to say that sub is a very good performer indeed and lacking in coloration. I think they would really fit the bill for this. They don't need huge amps, and the 10" driver is adequate.

But what I found interesting is that using full range speakers may well have an advantage. In addition the TLs at the end of the room have their outputs at the top. The output from the shorter lines of the left and right mains, are between the bass drivers and the long lines ports. In addition the ports from TLs cover a wider frequency range than reflex ports. So it gave me insight as to the very natural and even bass response of the rig. It certainly is the most natural reproduced bass I have ever heard, and by a big margin. As I said I think a lot of this was dumb luck. But I have been puzzled why the bass is of the quality it is. It was well beyond anything I expected.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think this is if you are goin to use the active cancelling Eq. In that case the subs need to be at two heights at least. As far as I'm concerned if this is going to happen then it will require custom construction. This will pretty much have to involve in wall subs. You could easily use the TL design I have on my in wall system and have a number at both ends of the room, and the wall space would only be slightly deeper than normal. If anyone wants to experiment, I can send the plans, or even get them made up. The dimensions are in the C & C machine. I have to say that sub is a very good performer indeed and lacking in coloration. I think they would really fit the bill for this. They don't need huge amps, and the 10" driver is adequate.

But what I found interesting is that using full range speakers may well have an advantage. In addition the TLs at the end of the room have their outputs at the top. The output from the shorter lines of the left and right mains, are between the bass drivers and the long lines ports. In addition the ports from TLs cover a wider frequency range than reflex ports. So it gave me insight as to the very natural and even bass response of the rig. It certainly is the most natural reproduced bass I have ever heard, and by a big margin. As I said I think a lot of this was dumb luck. But I have been puzzled why the bass is of the quality it is. It was well beyond anything I expected.
Ive always been a huge believer in using full range speakers around the room. Ive always felt it gave me the best results. Maybe this technology and what they are learning from is starting to explain why I feel that way

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
I never felt the bass was lacking in the days when I used a 4.0 system made up of 2 x Quad ESL989 and 2 x Quad ESL63 ...

I did experiment with subs, but a full range surround setup, seemed to do the job wonderfully. (I think it might have been able to use a Sub for LFE, but I never managed to integrate the sub with the ESL's for music - so I stuck with 4.0 for about 10 years)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis