Daryl

Daryl

Audiophyte
Hello, everyone, I am new to this home audio, I currently have a 5 channel amp I will be adding another 7 channel amp so that I could get the Anthem AVM 60. My question is how do I add the 2 amps the single 12-volt trigger switch on the back of the AVM 60? do they make a splitter cable for that?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
If your amp allows for signal stand by use that instead of trigger switch.

Basically if the amp is fed a signal it turns on and will automatically switch into standby after say 20 minutes without a signal.

You do not use the trigger wire just the interconnects between AVM 60 and amp.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello, everyone, I am new to this home audio, I currently have a 5 channel amp I will be adding another 7 channel amp so that I could get the Anthem AVM 60. My question is how do I add the 2 amps the single 12-volt trigger switch on the back of the AVM 60? do they make a splitter cable for that?
You really can't split the trigger. It risks drawing too much current and failing to work or blowing the trigger. Those trigger outputs are frail.

What you need is Emotova's active trigger expander.

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have a several amps in the system...the only things I have triggered are the L&R ch (the monoblocks), the C I turn on manually because 75-80% of the time I turn the system on it's in 2 ch mode. I may change that during the holiday break and add the CC to the trigger chain....just getting tired of reaching behind the amp to turn it on and off.

The 5 channel and whole house amps I turn only manually, there's a power button on the front panel....no real need for those to be on a trigger.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis