Trans AM totaled years ago

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Good call. I have a habit of taking threads down side roads. That’s a bummer.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I was starting to gather parts to go 383 stroker. Majority of parts were not yet installed so I was able to get some of the money back. Was curious to see if I could hit low 12s without boost. Someday I'll buy another and start a build, or at least I hope I will. Parts get $$

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
383 is a good choice. My brother has one one in an ‘82 S-10. Goes 9.12@147(Best), on a 250 shot iirc. Lows 12’s should be easy, but parts ain’t cheap! How fast do ya wanna spend? Lol

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Ouch!
It is a testimony to "modern" engineering that despite obliteration of the front, the car appears to be untouched where it truly matters - the passenger/driver compartment!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The front end betting busted up and the passenger compartment being intact is like the pickup that hit a light pole across the street from my house last night- broke the wooden pole off about 8' from the ground, it's angled back about 10 degrees and the whole front was busted, leaking coolant. Still, the guy was walking around without any apparent injuries within a minute and all of the doors opened without any extra effort (2004 Silverado, extended cab). Turns out that the guy was drunk, but apparently uninjured.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Ouch!
It is a testimony to "modern" engineering that despite obliteration of the front, the car appears to be untouched where it truly matters - the passenger/driver compartment!
I do wonder what a different car, say a typical 4 door sedan, would have looked like after this. I'm sure that since this car was made with straight performance in mind, as well as any sports car, that it must have more strength in the firewall than a typical economy car. This happened at around 60 mph.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I do wonder what a different car, say a typical 4 door sedan, would have looked like after this. I'm sure that since this car was made with straight performance in mind, as well as any sports car, that it must have more strength in the firewall than a typical economy car. This happened at around 60 mph.
It's all about energy absorption around the passenger compartment and a stiff cocoon with good restraint for the passengers. The problem with good restraint is that it causes whiplash and other injuries because the seat belts don't stretch and body parts want to keep moving.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis