Top Islamic body: Yoga is not for Muslims

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
Is this a joke? I don't get it.
No, its not a joke. Einstein proved that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transfromed from one form to another... Our brain, our mind, our body, our conciousness, are stock full of massive amounts of energy. When we die... BAM... its all gone. But it can't actually be "gone", scientifically speaking, it had to simply change to another form. So while it doesn't necessarily mean that we are ghosts walking around, or get zapped up to heaven, or anything like that... but it means that SOMEthing happens with all that energy when we die, as it cannot just cease to exist. So there is SOME form of life after death. What it is, nobody on this side will ever know.

I studied Einstein a long time ago and remember reading all about it. I can't articulate it all that well I'm afraid... but im sure you can find information about it if you look.

Cpt.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
No, its not a joke. Einstein proved that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transfromed from one form to another... Our brain, our mind, our body, our conciousness, are stock full of massive amounts of energy. When we die... BAM... its all gone. But it can't actually be "gone", scientifically speaking, it had to simply change to another form. So while it doesn't necessarily mean that we are ghosts walking around, or get zapped up to heaven, or anything like that... but it means that SOMEthing happens with all that energy when we die, as it cannot just cease to exist. So there is SOME form of life after death. What it is, nobody on this side will ever know.

I studied Einstein a long time ago and remember reading all about it. I can't articulate it all that well I'm afraid... but im sure you can find information about it if you look.

Cpt.
Wow. Really. Wow.

Einstein did not prove the first law of thermodynamics.

And "life" is not "energy." I'm afraid you don't understand thermodynamics or life. I'm not sure what "energy" you're talking about that goes away when we die, but there isn't any. We are hunks of matter that is broken down by the environment and other organisms when we die. Consciousness is a series of action potentials in neurons in the brain, and they simply stop happening at death.

Your brain isn't filled with "massive amounts of energy" unless you count heat, which is simply dissipated into the atmosphere. Your brain is filled with cells that perform chemical reactions which release energy to perform work and produce heat. When those chemical reactions stop happening due to death, there is no more work being done, no more energy being released, nothing. Just molecules and compounds sitting there doing nothing waiting to decompose and get eaten by microbes and insects.

But trust me.. Einstein had nothing to do with this, and the fact that matter can't be created or destroyed is not proof of an afterlife.

I went to school for nuclear engineering with a minor in the philosophy of space and time. We can talk about Einstein, Bohr, Oppenheimer, and Heisenberg all day long if you want.

Suffice to say, Einstein did not prove an afterlife. Einstein specifically didn't believe in an afterlife.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I looked up Einstein and his thought on an afterlife, and he seemed to deny that such a thing existed.

As for what happens to our bodies...our mass is converted to other forms. I don't think that the conservation of energy implies an afterlife.

EDIT: Jonnythan posted while I was typing, and covered it in more detail.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai

Cpt.
What?! No.

First of all, the first law of thermodynamics, which is what you are referring to, wasn't created by Einstein. James Prescott Joule and Hermann von Helmholtz (yeah, the Helmholtz resonator is named after him) developed it in the mid 1800s. It was really, if we trace it back further, developed based off Carnots work, but those two put it into the language we understand it in today.

Second, when you die your body still has the same amount of energy but without a input it decomposes, a process that uses that energy. The bodys cells and own enzymes and bacterial activity cause the body to decompose, along with foreign bacteria depending on where the body is.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I went to school for nuclear engineering with a minor in the philosophy of space and time. We can talk about Einstein, Bohr, Oppenheimer, and Heisenberg all day long if you want.
Cool man, little known fact on here is that I'm a mechanical and composite engineer. ;) I took some history classes on the side because it interests me, but never actually got a minor in it.

There is a massive shortage of engineers now in America, so, we got a big job to do! And I honestly think nuclear power is one of the more feasable solution.

With all the money we spent on this war we could have been building nuclear power plants.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I'm not actually an engineer. Went through 3+ years worth of it and stopped because I started to really hate it. Too many equations, too many tables, too much memorization. Stopped being interesting.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I appologize if I misspoke.. I didnt mean he proved... i meant he thoerized. There is lots of information about it out there... no need to be a jerk.
No, he didn't theorize that.

I'm sorry. I don't know how to sugar coat this. You're totally, completely wrong about Einstein. I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Einstein did not prove or even come up with the first law of thermodynamics.
Einstein did not prove the existence of an afterlife.
Einstein did not personally believe in life after death.

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
No, he didn't theorize that.

I'm sorry. I don't know how to sugar coat this. You're totally, completely wrong about Einstein.

Ok.. then I guess I read something long ago that was totally wrong. I apologize. You are right... sorry to bother you. Wow, really wow.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Ok.. then I guess I read something long ago that was totally wrong. I apologize.
I agree, that would be an accurate statement. No need to apologize, we're all wrong about stuff sometimes.

I apologize if I come off harshly.. I've just long been very into physics, and long been a student of Einstein. I just can't do with people making crazy off the wall claims about him, especially when they directly contradict his own words.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
You mean, it was originally interesting? :) I always hated it.
Hah. Yeah, it was. I got to skip all the boring freshman classes thanks to lots of 4s and 5s on AP exams.. so I got right into the interesting stuff. Engineering dynamics, circuits, quantum mechanics, embedded control, differential equations, astrophysics, advanced physiological systems. That stuff was great.

Then it got into power systems engineering, thermal and fluids ii, radiological, nuclear phenomena, etc. It went from being theoretical stuff to... real life stuff. More "this seems to be how it works, so here's a book full of numbers and formulas" and fewer ideal situations with perfect spheres if you know what I mean.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, for most people, the rubber has to hit the road sometime. Eventually, you're going to learn about real life stuff in engineering.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Oh, and would Christians stop making white Jesus's?! That's the most retarded thing I have ever seen, a white Jesus.
They will, as soon as they finally realize that explosions in outer space can't be heard.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
They will, as soon as they finally realize that explosions in outer space can't be heard.
Yeah, 'cause that's a Christian-only thing. :)

BTW, I don't think that your statement is universally true. I'm open to being corrected, though.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja

Cpt.
Wow. I have read some steaming piles of crap in my day, but this one absolutely tops them all! I don't even know where to begin pointing out the holes in this insane statement, because it is all holes and no fabric!

All of the energy in our brains and body come from the food we eat. When we stop eating, no more energy. It doesn't "go" anywhere! (Besides, Einstein was too intelligent to believe in religious garbage like an "afterlife".)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis