j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A friend wanted to go see it over the weekend so I went to watch it again.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
52 million gross this weekend. It might have outdrawn the Buzz "Limpyear" prequel as well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lightyear bumped it from the best screens and I think the theaters may regret that a bit given the fact that its opening was very disappointing (does that mean it isn't good or that families aren't going to the theater?). The theater was basically full when I went the second time.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I'm extremely frustrated that they are not showing in IMAX in any theater near me!!! Stupid cartoon BL preempting it.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Jurassic Park bumped it from Imax and then I guess Pixar bumped out Jurassic Park. Screw that, I wanted to see Top Gun on the really big screen.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I heard this weekend it would be back in IMAX because it is still doing well.

It also passed $1b world wide.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nov. 1 for the disc release. They kept pushing it out until the money making slowed lol.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nov. 1 for the disc release. They kept pushing it out until the money making slowed lol.
Yeah, world box office is at about $1.38 billion. They want to wait until it reaches $1.4 billion. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, Top Gun Maverick box office has reached over $1.4 Billion. Now they can release the movie on streaming first, then BD. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It showed up a day early yesterday and I watched it lol.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
After revamping the HT room at the end of September, this was the first movie my wife and I watched in there. Her choice, and wouldn't have made my top 10 for movies to watch as the first, but it made her happy.

All in all, not bad, not amazing. I did enjoy it for the most part. The nostalgia factor was cool. The story was kind of mehhh. The surround sound and Atmos effects were excellent and greatly enhanced the movie. Brought it up 1/2 of a point in my books. I give it a 7/10. I streamed it, and would definitely be interested in owning it on 4K disc to see how much better the sound would be.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I think that the Atmos on the disc is great. However, I've not streamed it for comparison.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think that the Atmos on the disc is great. However, I've not streamed it for comparison.
I haven't had the disc yet but did stream it on Amazon and thought the soundtrack was on the weak side, think it could have been castrated a bit (also needed volume up fairly high). I do wonder which silver disc will end up with the best audio down low....

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched last week and thought it a far better flick than the first one. Loved the imaginary fighter that looked like a modernized SR-71 but thought it odd that a pilot could punch out at Mach 10. The plane was also flying too low an altitude to try Mach 10. That thing would have started burning up a long time ago.

As for the rest of the movie, I thought it was great. Loved the tie in back to the original flick which gave it a nice time line. Really nice sounding on ATMOS.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Watched a couple weeks ago via ATV4k. I turned off reality as soon as I hit play, and never looked back. In light of that, I loved this movie from stem to stern. I thought there were some misses in atmos presentation but overall found the 7.1.2 mix to be very good. Slightly disappointed in the bass extension but I turned a blind eye and just had fun. Will definitely purchase. FWIW, seen many good reports on the Atmos upgrade for Top Gun one. Look forward to that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched a couple weeks ago via ATV4k. I turned off reality as soon as I hit play, and never looked back. In light of that, I loved this movie from stem to stern. I thought there were some misses in atmos presentation but overall found the 7.1.2 mix to be very good. Slightly disappointed in the bass extension but I turned a blind eye and just had fun. Will definitely purchase. FWIW, seen many good reports on the Atmos upgrade for Top Gun one. Look forward to that.
I agree. Overall I loved it. But could have been better on Atmos and Bass.

C

chapp

Audioholic
This movie is definitely weak in the Atmos mix. The immersive effects are fairly lacking for a movie of this caliber.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I finally watched it and on disc and of course in Atmos. Definitely a great movie! I didn’t have any complaints. I just really enjoyed it start to finish. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We rewatched it over the weekend for a little "toss brain, just watch some fun" I was so wrapped up in it last time I didn't notice the Atmos wasn't so active and this time I did. Does not really matter, the movie is fun enough that it could be in stereo and it would still be entertaining.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis