j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is a movie. Movies like this aren't intended to give you the feel of what real life is like, because real life often sucks. They are meant to give you a bit of a lift and have a little fun.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys saw this kindoff cool to hear about the real thing

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hey guys saw this kindoff cool to hear about the real thing

Good stuff. The takeaway from that vid seems to be the an actual Senior Flight instructor for the real Top Gun liked the film, realistic or not.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Isn't all sy-fi then just became bs, not reality? ;) :D As well as most movies?
When I was young and inexperienced, I enjoyed most movies and never worried if they were realistic or not.

Eventually, I got some experience from things I did in life. If I happened to see a movie that dealt with something I had real experience in, it had the effect of making the movie seem silly and impossible to believe. A lot of people must have had the same experience.

Weren't you a helicopter pilot in Vietnam? Did you ever see a movie that got that right? Ask any courtroom lawyer what they think about any movie depicting a criminal or civil trial. Etc., etc. That's why westerns and sci-fi movies can be fun. No one has any real experience to compare with them.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
When I was young and inexperienced, I enjoyed most movies and never worried if they were realistic or not.

Eventually, I got some experience from things I did in life. If I happened to see a movie that dealt with something I had real experience in, it had the effect of making the movie seem silly and impossible to believe. A lot of people must have had the same experience.

Weren't you a helicopter pilot in Vietnam? Did you ever see a movie that got that right? Ask any courtroom lawyer what they think about any movie depicting a criminal or civil trial. Etc., etc. That's why westerns and sci-fi movies can be fun. No one has any real experience to compare with them.
Yep, some do, some don't and then partially on others. It is still fun to watch, be entertained, what is dreamt up by the creators.
Interestingly, Expanse did a pretty good job of some of the physics of motions in space unlike too many others. All enjoyable and entertaining. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I mean, ALL movies are made up. I don't expect my John Wayne or Clint Eastwood cowboy movies were "realistic". Fast and the Furious are ridiculously idiotic to me, but they make a lot of money. From the very beginning, film was intended as a diversion and entertainment. It is "art" so it is able to adapt to the medium, you know, like everyone will almost always say "the book is better". Part of that is that time isn't a constraint in a book and the book is in your head, not on screen. Well the movies aren't like real life for the most part, and I think that little bit of escape is one big part of what makes them entertaining to us.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Boy, what a great movie. Went to early, cheap showing.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Yep, entertaining a bunch. :D

Just about every older man I grew up fought in ww2 and loved movies about it and generally all war movies in spite of their experiences actually fighting in that war. Yes some didn't like to or couldn't talk about their own experiences, my dad and uncle for sure, and they saw some awful action. Yet, he took my mother to see the "Guns of Navarone" twice on consecutive date nights in 1961. She bitched about it until the day she passed and she liked Gregory Peck.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is the same director who directed “TRON LEGACY” and “Oblivion”. I love both of those movies.

So I should love TG: Maverick. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
He's gotten the green light for a few new films as well.
Yeah, I am looking forward to his upcoming Formula One racing movie with Brad Pitt.

But I hope he does more SciFi like TRON and Oblivion. :D

I’ve seen TRON LEGACY and Oblivion so many times because they are 2 of my favorites (I rated them both 10/10 on IMDB). I cannot believe I just now realize who the director is - Joseph Kosinski. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I am looking forward to his upcoming Formula One racing movie with Brad Pitt.

But I hope he does more SciFi like TRON and Oblivion. :D

I’ve seen TRON LEGACY and Oblivion so many times because they are 2 of my favorites. I cannot believe I just now realize who the director is - Joseph Kosinski. :D
I think it was Jared Leto saying that Tron 3 was still a possibility being kicked around. If Kosinski directs it again, which I think he should, I will watch that for sure. I need TRON LEGACY 4K with Atmos! That movie had great audio already.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think it was Jared Leto saying that Tron 3 was still a possibility being kicked around. If Kosinski directs it again, which I think he should, I will watch that for sure. I need TRON LEGACY 4K with Atmos! That movie had great audio already.
OMG I’ve searching online for the past few years hoping to see any news of TRON LEGACY in 4K/ATMOS.

Looks like I’ll have Oblivion (5K Digital Camera) and Top Gun Maverick (6K Digital Camera) in 4K/ATMOS before TRON LEGACY (2K Digital Camera) will ever come out on 4K/ATMOS, but hopefully it will eventually get 4K.

Wow. I love this director already. Only 3 major movies under his belt and all 3 movies shot using DIGITAL CAMERAS.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Also just realized Joseph Kosinski directed “Only the Brave” (Jennifer Connelly, Miles Teller, Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridge). This movie is also shot using 4K Digital Cameras.

I also like this movie a lot. Only reason it’s not among my favorites is because I don’t like tragedies since it’s sad.

But that’s 3 movies out of 3 that I love from Kosinski.

“Spiderhead“ will be released June 17 on Netflix, also shot using 4K Digital Cameras.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Also just realized Joseph Kosinski directed “Only the Brave” (Jennifer Connelly, Miles Teller, Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridge). This movie is also shot using 4K Digital Cameras.

I also like this movie a lot. Only reason it’s not among my favorites is because I don’t like tragedies since it’s sad.

But that’s 3 movies out of 3 that I love from Kosinski.

“Spiderhead“ will be released June 17 on Netflix, also shot using 4K Digital Cameras.
"Only the Brave" is a very under rated movie. Should have done much better at boxoffice than it did but some panned it because it was too "heroic". Some of the best depictions of "fire" caught on film. Backdraft and the Tower are good too. "Towering Inferno" is up there too just for the hell of it. Forget if it was filmed with Sensurround where you had to tune into an FM radio station for a "special experience"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Only the Brave" is a very under rated movie. Should have done much better at boxoffice than it did but some panned it because it was too "heroic". Some of the best depictions of "fire" caught on film.
I agree 100%. It is a great movie for the topic. It shows how GOOD this director is.

If "TG Maverick" and "Spiderhead" are just as good as his other movies, Kosinski has got to be my favorite director. :D

I can tell Kosinski has some brains (Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Masters degree in Architecture), unlike so many other directors like M-Night, Michael Bay, that Wonder Woman director, and so many directors. :D

Last edited:
F

felipe

Audioholic
I have yet to see this one yet, but I did recently watch the OG Top Gun in 4k with the Atmos soundtrack....MUCH better than when I last seen it on VHS lol :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was wondering where it went when it expired on Netflix. The original is now on Prime :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis