j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
And the ticket price? ;)
It was a lot, lol. $39 with service fee (bought online to reserve seats). But I have only been to the theater 3x in 3 years, so it evens out. Went to matinee too, since other shows were sold out.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Great Movie, not a huge Tom Cruise Fan, but this one was definitely worth the price of admission for me

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
C’mon people! As HT enthusiasts, I get it, sound, cgi, but yawl need to stop!

what was great about the movie? The plot? Character development?, absent the fact that people are starving for Hollywood to start making quality films post pandemic, Stars and Stripes, and memory lane,( grown men dressing up inflight suits, bomber jackets to see a movie, reminds me of the Progressive commercial), and it was I give the movie a solid 7.

I went home and fired up a few good men….

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I plan on buying the 4K when it comes out. Yep, I still buy the shiny silver disks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I plan on buying the 4K when it comes out. Yep, I still buy the shiny silver disks.
Looks like potentially July. Officially, no date for the disc and the 2 film set, but the preorder is up now.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I may have to run into town for some unexpected shopping....I just might go check this out even in our less than ideal theaters while I'm at it, just so many good reviews for it (well, for an action type flick....I'm not expecting outstanding writing with a deep story/character development type flick).

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I may have to run into town for some unexpected shopping....I just might go check this out even in our less than ideal theaters while I'm at it, just so many good reviews for it (well, for an action type flick....I'm not expecting outstanding writing with a deep story/character development type flick).
It’s one of our favorite genres, entertaining, but nowhere near the hype.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It’s one of our favorite genres, entertaining, but nowhere near the hype.
I like watching shows like Top Gun and seeing all the "mistakes or that's not possible in RL" that are being made during the flying scenes. Its fun

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like watching shows like Top Gun and seeing all the "mistakes or that's not possible in RL" that are being made during the flying scenes. Its fun
Yep. In the real world, you'd be dead right now lol, not pulling 10Gs. Where's the compression suits? They do a good job of making it fun though.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep. In the real world, you'd be dead right now lol, not pulling 10Gs. Where's the compression suits? They do a good job of making it fun though.
And the helmets are not right either. But you have to see their faces better.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I kind of agree with Old Onkyo. I saw the original Top Gun years ago when it was still in theaters. A large movie theater screen was needed to show all those carrier deck scenes. Other than that, it was a recruiting film for the US Navy. It probably worked at that level, but most guys who ran out and enlisted were almost certainly highly disappointed with their careers as grease-covered deck apes, the jet plane handlers on very dangerous flight decks. I can only imagine why the Navy would want another one of these recruiting movies … ever since the Covid-19 outbreaks on Navy ships some two years ago, I bet enlistment numbers have dropped.

That original movie showed a lot of Hollywood actors posing as naval aviators. If any of them were in the Navy with those hairdos, they would have been ordered – immediately – to get a f*ck*ng hair cut. Tom Cruise's Maverick character would have had his wings clipped early on.

I spent 4 years in the Navy back near the end of the Vietnam War. It was nothing at all like any Hollywood movie I've ever seen about the Navy or the military in general. There is one possible exception, The Last Detail with Jack Nicholson, Otis Young, and a very young Randy Quaid. Some aspects of that movie came close to portraying the drab and ugly reality of life in the military.

I think I'll pass on seeing Top Gun Maverick. It may look exciting and glamorous, but it's really all BS.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
We don't like him as a person, thus we don't watch any of his movies. Scientologists are controlling people. CULT
All religions are the same. Period. It's not relegated to just Scientology. Do you not watch other movie stars because they're Christian, Muslim, Jewish etc etc etc? Seems short sighted and stupid IMO.

That being said, despite the good press this movie is getting I have no interest in seeing it in theatre. I loved the original Top Gun as a kid. To the point that I got a haircut just like Tom Cruise after watching the movie, and when I was 18 I went and tried to sign up to join the Air Force after rewatching the movie with a buddy (they said come back after I finished High School, but I never went back).

I'll wait until it's available on streaming and watch it from the comfort of my HT room.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
All religions are the same. Period. It's not relegated to just Scientology. Do you not watch other movie stars because they're Christian, Muslim, Jewish etc etc etc? Seems short sighted and stupid IMO.

That being said, despite the good press this movie is getting I have no interest in seeing it in theatre. I loved the original Top Gun as a kid. To the point that I got a haircut just like Tom Cruise after watching the movie, and when I was 18 I went and tried to sign up to join the Air Force after rewatching the movie with a buddy (they said come back after I finished High School, but I never went back).

I'll wait until it's available on streaming and watch it from the comfort of my HT room.
I'm here at the theater right now. Stoked to see it. BUT I wish I was in my theater. It's crowded I'm in sh$tty seats some dude is coughing away to my right. Covid has been going up so I'm masked but nobody else is. I feel like I'm sitting in a damn Petri dish.

I loved the original too I'm here for the Nostalgia and all my friends saying it was good. I'll let you guys know if I liked it or not

Movies getting ready to start. But damn I miss my theater room right now

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'm here at the theater right now. Stoked to see it. BUT I wish I was in my theater. It's crowded I'm in sh$tty seats some dude is coughing away to my right. Covid has been going up so I'm masked but nobody else is. I feel like I'm sitting in a damn Petri dish.

I loved the original too I'm here for the Nostalgia and all my friends saying it was good. I'll let you guys know if I liked it or not

Movies getting ready to start. But damn I miss my theater room right now
When I went and watched Dr. Strange in theatre it was the same. Crappy seating. Crappy picture. Crappy sound, despite paying an upcharge to see it in Ultra AVX. And morons all around me. Talking, on phones, making noise. Just not an enjoyable experience all around.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
It's funny that we're probably stuck into the zone of: We've done too good a job creating our own home theater experience and the general decline in the overall "go to" the theater experience. Especially the smart phones.

But, there are some, or very few, movies that have overcome that in recent times. Interstellar, Cloud Atlas, Oblivion, Marvel & DC movies. Will go to see Top Gun at some point if only because the Woketards and Chinese seem to hate it. I hope it makes millions.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's funny that we're probably stuck into the zone of: We've done too good a job creating our own home theater experience and the general decline in the overall "go to" the theater experience. Especially the smart phones.

But, there are some, or very few, movies that have overcome that in recent times. Interstellar, Cloud Atlas, Oblivion, Marvel & DC movies. Will go to see Top Gun at some point if only because the Woketards and Chinese seem to hate it. I hope it makes millions.
Its got great reviews and everyone likes it. I liked it but only give it a 7.5 maybe 8 out of 10. I'd say why but no spoilers until everyone has seen it. But I did have a good time and did enjoy the movie it was good enough to entertain me and that's really what going go to a theater is all about. Having fun with your friends

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I just checked it's already made 500 million world wide and its only its 2nd weekend. Wow I'd have to say mission accomplished on making millions

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I kind of agree with Old Onkyo. I saw the original Top Gun years ago when it was still in theaters. A large movie theater screen was needed to show all those carrier deck scenes. Other than that, it was a recruiting film for the US Navy. It probably worked at that level, but most guys who ran out and enlisted were almost certainly highly disappointed with their careers as grease-covered deck apes, the jet plane handlers on very dangerous flight decks. I can only imagine why the Navy would want another one of these recruiting movies … ever since the Covid-19 outbreaks on Navy ships some two years ago, I bet enlistment numbers have dropped.

That original movie showed a lot of Hollywood actors posing as naval aviators. If any of them were in the Navy with those hairdos, they would have been ordered – immediately – to get a f*ck*ng hair cut. Tom Cruise's Maverick character would have had his wings clipped early on.

I spent 4 years in the Navy back near the end of the Vietnam War. It was nothing at all like any Hollywood movie I've ever seen about the Navy or the military in general. There is one possible exception, The Last Detail with Jack Nicholson, Otis Young, and a very young Randy Quaid. Some aspects of that movie came close to portraying the drab and ugly reality of life in the military.

I think I'll pass on seeing Top Gun Maverick. It may look exciting and glamorous, but it's really all BS.
Isn't all sy-fi then just became bs, not reality? ;) :D As well as most movies?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Isn't all sy-fi then just became bs, not reality? ;) :D As well as most movies?
It''s about getting from all the daily drudgery and negativity for a couple of hours. Otherwise, all you are left with is documentaries which can be great but its not as good old fashioned escapism. If you combine that escapism with a great story and message, like one of my faves "Dr. Strangelove" then you have a work of genius.

Many Romans complained about Gladiator's portrayal of life in the arena. No doubt the movie was historically inaccurate but as the meme goes, "Are you not entertained?"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis